MSU Bulldogs.

thatsbaseball

All-American
May 29, 2007
18,363
7,396
113
MSU baseball + Tournament time = Anything can happen. This thing ain't over yet boys.
 

bruiser.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 13, 2009
7,346
0
0
So what will constitute a broken heart for this team?

Early exit in Regional?
Lose in Super Regional?

I think making it to Omaha would be a big statement for this team even if they go 0-2 in Omaha. I will be extremely disappointed if they don’t make it past Regional as a Top 8 seed, very disappointed if they lose a Home Super, and even disappointed with an 0-2 Omaha trip but they will most definitely Exceed my expectations for this year if they make a Top 8 seed and get to Omaha. Anything above 2 and out in Omaha should be considered a great season for this lineup that hasn’t had any real consistency yet won 40 games to date.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,449
27,285
113
True State fans are heartbroken when they aren't heartbroken.

Or they're heartbroken over the heartbreak they know is coming. Perpetual loathing.

Like my dad used to say....when I die, I hope my pallbearers are Mississippi State players so they can let me down one more time.
 

Chris Mannix

Redshirt
Dec 29, 2016
797
0
0
Or they're heartbroken over the heartbreak they know is coming. Perpetual loathing.

Like my dad used to say....when I die, I hope my pallbearers are Mississippi State players so they can let me down one more time.

Much respect to your dad bro. That is 17ing hilarious.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
So what will constitute a broken heart for this team?

Early exit in Regional?
Lose in Super Regional?

I think making it to Omaha would be a big statement for this team even if they go 0-2 in Omaha. I will be extremely disappointed if they don’t make it past Regional as a Top 8 seed, very disappointed if they lose a Home Super, and even disappointed with an 0-2 Omaha trip but they will most definitely Exceed my expectations for this year if they make a Top 8 seed and get to Omaha. Anything above 2 and out in Omaha should be considered a great season for this lineup that hasn’t had any real consistency yet won 40 games to date.

Title is always the goal but I have a hard time considering any season that ends in Omaha a failure. The only exception would be if you have a generationally great team that’s the best team in the field and they fall short of their potential.... looking at you, 1985.

2013 hurt bad because we came so close to finally doing it, but the run to get there was unexpected and the ride was really fun. 2019 was a great team but it became clear pretty quickly that we were simply a step below Vanderbilt. I hate that we blew the Louisville game because I think we were better than them, but we weren’t getting by Vandy.

I’m pretty much in step with you as far as expectations. It’ll be a little disappointing if we don’t get to Omaha, as it often is, but I’m not sure this roster is capable of winning a title so I have a hard time saying championship or bust.
 

Bill Shankly

Redshirt
Nov 27, 2020
2,095
0
0
The thing you people need to learn is that college sports programs need to be judged against themselves and their history, not against other programs. It's the nature of college sports. You have to learn to take pleasure in beating our own history. If you judge our football program against Alabama then you deserve to be miserable. It also sucks but our baseball program has never been a true top level program. We have a great atmosphere at home, the best in the nation, with the best crowds, and that's a great thing in and of itself. Beating ourselves up over losing a couple of games, especially over the freaking SEC tournament, it stupid. What really matters to MSU when baseball is concerned is maintaining that best in the nation atmosphere. Anything else is gravy. Heck I'm not even really a baseball fan but going to a game at Dudy Noble, and especially the NEW Dudy Noble, is just fun.
 

AROB44

Junior
Mar 20, 2008
1,425
263
83
Or they're heartbroken over the heartbreak they know is coming. Perpetual loathing.

Like my dad used to say....when I die, I hope my pallbearers are Mississippi State players so they can let me down one more time.

That's PRICELESS!!! Doesn't matter what sport!!
 
Last edited:

SwampDawg

Sophomore
Feb 24, 2008
2,193
122
63
I was a freshman in 1959. My tears are beyond counting. As are the transistor radios (remember them?) thrown against the wall.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four