Found in the wild…
Anybody who likes metal might enjoy seeing Galactic Empire at Manchester Music Hall in Lexington on September 8th.
Not really my style of music, but they are pretty good at what they do ... they play music from Star Wars and other Sci-fi movies. "CINEMETAL"
If you go, ENJOY THE SHOW and MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU !!!
Here is their website: https://galacticempireband.com/
Here is a recent seltist: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gala...-de-montreal-montreal-qc-canada-2373a03b.html
I'm not really a metal guy, Pygmy, but I've read reviews of their shows and they are apparently very talented musicians who play extremely well !!Curious, I was just looking for the old TIE Fighter video game. Get out of my head!
I'm not really a metal guy, Pygmy, but I've read reviews of their shows and they are apparently very talented musicians who play extremely well !!
Based on those reviews, I decided to share here for anyone who might enjoy seeing them.
Apparently, they have a lot of respect for the music of John Williams, as you can see from their setlists.
![]()
John Williams - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org
“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”
Anybody who likes metal might enjoy seeing Galactic Empire at Manchester Music Hall in Lexington on September 8th. Tix are only $23.93 each.
Not really my style of music, but they are pretty good at what they do ... they play music from Star Wars and other Sci-Fi movies. "CINEMETAL"
If you go, ENJOY THE SHOW and MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU !!!
Here is their website: https://galacticempireband.com/
Here is a recent seltist: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gala...-de-montreal-montreal-qc-canada-2373a03b.html
www.truelovesband.com
I remember going to Farm Aid at the old Cardinal Stadium in the early 90s. Was a GREAT show! Hootie and DMB was at B&B today and they put on a heck of a show. They both were at that Farm Aid show.Farm Aid 2026 is on 7-11 on CNN ... tonight:
John Mellencamp
Neil Young
Willie Nelson
... are scheduled to be on, fyi
That was a good show, for sure.I remember going to Farm Aid at the old Cardinal Stadium in the early 90s. Was a GREAT show! Hootie and DMB was at B&B today and they put on a heck of a show. They both were at that Farm Aid show.
I just watched a YouTube video of that performance at that Farm Aid. Pretty awesome and they were super young then.I remember going to Farm Aid at the old Cardinal Stadium in the early 90s. Was a GREAT show! Hootie and DMB was at B&B today and they put on a heck of a show. They both were at that Farm Aid show.
Their full B&B set is on youtube. Check that one out. Though they don't have a permanent fiddle player, Jake Simpson TORE IT UP!I just watched a YouTube video of Damn performance at that Farm Aid. Pretty awesome and they were super young then.
I really wanted to go to that. I wish my wife liked dMB.Their full B&B set is on youtube. Check that one out. Though they don't have a permanent fiddle player, Jake Simpson TORE IT UP!
My favorite musician. I can't pick a favorite song of Neil and Crazy Horse, but I love this one.
Yes, that's a fusion that is more than the sum of the parts.Neil has always been his best when he was with Crazy Horse.
My favorite musician. I can't pick a favorite song of Neil and Crazy Horse, but I love this one.
Me too. And that's a good one to get. In the early 70s my dad bought a killer sound sytem including a reel to reel. His first reel to reel tape was HarvestI bought his Decades two disc cd at a yard sale for a buck a few years ago. The guy said "nobody listens to cds anymore". So I proceeded to rob him of all sorts of classics. I'm sure he's regretting it now. Give me a physical recording over streaming any day of the freaking week. Old school will never die!
I'm jealous. The old school is coming back in a big way. I want to "feel" what I own. The Wife and I have been getting into vinyl and cds for a while now. When the cord gets unplugged we won't be left with the deafening silence.Me too. And that's a good one to get. In the early 70s my dad bought a killer sound sytem including a reel to reel. His first reel to reel tape was HarvestMoon. What great sound that was.
I still have the Akai reel to reel and the Sansui receiver, matched with the original Bose 501s. I haven't seen anything to match those. We had a Dual turntable that I'm trying to replace (ex wife took it to Salvation ArmyI'm jealous. The old school is coming back in a big way. I want to "feel" what I own. The Wife and I have been getting into vinyl and cds for a while now. When the cord gets unplugged we won't be left with the deafening silence.
KSR Baseball
Kentucky drops fall ball exhibition to Cincinnati
KSR Basketball Recruiting
Visit Primer: DeMarcus Henry arrives, Nasir Anderson cancels
KSR Football
UK Fans of the Day want Bowl Projections after the South Carolina win
KSR Football
Kentucky at Oklahoma Game Time Announced
KSR Football
Kenny Darby, Lance Heard Earn SEC Player of the Week Honors