Nate Dohm pitching tomorrow night...

kired

Aug 22, 2008
what's been his injury? guess I just assumed it was tj.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
if I was Lemonis - I would put Dohm back in the bullpen.

Moving max effort guys like Dohm to the starting rotation almost never works, and more often than not results in injury. Just a pitiful decision, and I'd bet we did it to pacify a family member because they thought it would be better for his draft stock.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Should be a mid reliever, possible closer.
Can't currently handle 6to8 innings. That is apparent.
I thought he would be back. Hoped anyway,

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Hopefully this is a chance to get him 2-4 innings of somewhat easy work. I would like to see him be a middle reliever that could get you anywhere from 2-4 innings when needed come Tourney time.

Reactions: Hot Rock

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Is he actually healthy this time? That last attempt to bring him back went poorly.

Reactions: patdog

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
If Dohm returns as a legitimate contributor, we are going to win the whole thing
To me this is the season of what if. Imagine having Dohm this whole year. Maybe Khal doesn’t develop into what he is now in that alternate timeline, but we’d have some combo of Dohm, Cijntje, Stephen, and Auger as three starters and one long reliever. Just think of how many more games we could have won with just three to six more quality innings each week. I think we’d be comfortably hosting through a Super.

I hope this leads to Dohm contributing down the stretch.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
what's been his injury? guess I just assumed it was tj.
Yes. They may say it’s different things but it’s all the same symptoms. It’s coming, the guy throws too hard not to. Should have done what Pico did and get the new method done. Because he doesn’t have a completely torn ligament.

That would have gotten him back this year, before the draft. Essentially same thing Pico is trying to do, and probably will.

patdog

May 28, 2007
This is shocking. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see anything good coming from this. I hope he’s on about a 2-inning limit.

Edit: I saw that Lemonis said only a couple of innings. Best case, he’ll be able to give us a couple of innings in relief going forward. But I’m nervous.

Last edited:

Anon1684630174

May 20, 2023
If Kohn hadn’t looked good against Ark, I’d say Dohm would pitch one inning midweek and if everything went well, he would then start the Sunday game against Missouri.

As of now though, Kohn looks like the Sunday starter and that would put Dohm in the bullpen.

With this team and staff though, who knows. The only consistent that we seem to have is Stephen and Centje.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Adding Dohm to the mix? Sounds very interesting indeed.
I hope he gets a couple easy innings and gets another out or two this weekend, he could help a little in regional more in super and by Omaha? Maybe Long relief? I like the idea for sure!

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Great. Let’s just blow the whole season on a Tuesday night.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Reactions: Ranchdawg