National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) voted Monday to ban transgender women from women’s competitions starting next school year

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
Excited Season 6 GIF by The Office

CWW

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Feb 1, 2022
Hope it can stand up in court. No matter what a biological woman’s view is about transgenders…I don’t think they want to go up against them in sports. And I can’t think of many coaches who would recruit them. However, high school is different. If a trans goes out for a sport…excels in tryouts and isn’t picked…I see them going to court.

Reactions: Cola GCock

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
There won't be many transsexual incursions, and that will be part of their argument, but this is a case where "a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump". We've already seen evidence that natural-born women should be protected in women's sports out of concern for competitive integrity. Even people who lean Leftward but aren't completely co-opted see this.

Reactions: atl-cock

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023
There won't be many transsexual incursions, and that will be part of their argument, but this is a case where "a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump". We've already seen evidence that natural-born women should be protected in women's sports out of concern for competitive integrity. Even people who lean Leftward but aren't completely co-opted see this.
I just wish our Women's Head Basketball Coach agreed with you. Obviously she doesn't.

cockyferg

Jan 25, 2022
Could you see what someone like zion Williamson would have done in WBB? Cordosa is an imposing woman, but he would have postered her 100 times out of 100

Reactions: Cola GCock

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
Awesome! At least some people have the courage to do the right thing. Not referring to one person- the lack of women athletes not standing with Riley Gaines is truly appalling. This nonsense would stop if enough people had the courage to stand up to it!

Snake006

Joined Aug 7, 2007
Jan 31, 2022
I absolutely have nothing against anyone that's LBGTQ or anyone who believes they are now a different person, plant, or animal than they were born as. But that same person must also know that the same fairness they are looking for is the same fairness that works into sports. And that's the whole thing in a nutshell. Fairness in life and on the playing field.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Could you see what someone like zion Williamson would have done in WBB? Cordosa is an imposing woman, but he would have postered her 100 times out of 100
See, that's where the right takes it too far. What advantage would Zion Williamson really have by transitioning into a woman? Stay a Man and make hundreds of millions or dominate woman and make a Couple Hundred Thousand. Agree with you on the issue, but all the "Oh the Horror" stories is a bit much. The issue is what do you do with that group. There aren't enough of them, I don't think, to have any real competition amongst themselves. Do you have them compete with the group that they transitioned from which brings it's own set of problems (My view by the way). If I am a judge, I am going to have to lean on the medical professionals on this one. What do they say? Just not as easy question as people on both sides make it out to be.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
See, that's where the right takes it too far. What advantage would Zion Williamson really have by transitioning into a woman? Stay a Man and make hundreds of millions or dominate woman and make a Couple Hundred Thousand. Agree with you on the issue, but all the "Oh the Horror" stories is a bit much. The issue is what do you do with that group. There aren't enough of them, I don't think, to have any real competition amongst themselves. Do you have them compete with the group that they transitioned from which brings it's own set of problems (My view by the way). If I am a judge, I am going to have to lean on the medical professionals on this one. What do they say? Just not as easy question as people on both sides make it out to be.
It likely won't play out with the Zion Williamses of the world, that was bad example. How it has and will continue to play out out is the Leah Thomases of the world. Guys who were average or below average male competitors but who would dominate as a female. I won't get into the motivations of the trans person, but It's not hard to imagine a decent-but-not-great male HS basketball player who has zero chance of landing a basketball scholarship _anywhere_ securing a full-ride scholarship at a P5 school as a thoroughly dominant female player. On the current trajectory, the examples which seem far-fetched today will be commonplace in 20 years and it will effectively eliminate women's sports at any program that wants to win championships.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
It likely won't play out with the Zion Williamses of the world, that was bad example. How it has and will continue to play out out is the Leah Thomases of the world. Guys who were average or below average male competitors but who would dominate as a female. I won't get into the motivations of the trans person, but It's not hard to imagine a decent-but-not-great male HS basketball player who has zero chance of landing a basketball scholarship _anywhere_ securing a full-ride scholarship at a P5 school as a thoroughly dominant female player. On the current trajectory, the examples which seem far-fetched today will be commonplace in 20 years and it will effectively eliminate women's sports at any program that wants to win championships.
Just don't see it that way. To me there are too many disadvantages to being a woman still in American society to just transition over to win a race or win a basketball game. See it as a much more serious issue that probably both of us don't understand. That is why I say lean on the professionals on this. I don't agree with the left just saying "yeah, let them play. Don't agree with right either saying "You transitioned so you are just SOL". This is where our best and brightest have to figure it out and we all see what happens.

Last edited:

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
That is why I say lean on the professionals on this.

Depends on your "professional". Some "professionals" will tell you the sky is green if their political leanings need justification.

This really is simple. Men have an inherent advantage over women in sports. Men who "transition" still have an advantage, and no competition with women would be fair.

These individuals are free to pay for whatever cosmetic procedure they want, and call themselves whatever they want. There's no reason to insist they be allowed to play sports against women though.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Depends on your "professional". Some "professionals" will tell you the sky is green if their political leanings need justification.

This really is simple. Men have an inherent advantage over women in sports. Men who "transition" still have an advantage, and no competition with women would be fair.

These individuals are free to pay for whatever cosmetic procedure they want, and call themselves whatever they want. There's no reason to insist they be allowed to play sports against women though.
Who says? You? What degree do you have to give any type of educated opinion on this. It's just you talking. At least I can see past myself and acknowledge that I am uneducated on the issue (Which should have been Coach Staley's answer on the topic, BTW). Most people are uneducated in this area and just operating off of feelings, whether they be moral, biblical, secular, or otherwise. We elect officials for this. We appoint judges for this. Whatever they decide, we will all have to live with. That is all I'm saying.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Who says? You? What degree do you have to give any type of educated opinion on this. It's just you talking. At least I can see past myself and acknowledge that I am uneducated on the issue (Which should have been Coach Staley's answer on the topic, BTW). Most people are uneducated in this area and just operating off of feelings, whether they be moral, biblical, secular, or otherwise. We elect officials for this. We appoint judges for this. Whatever they decide, we will all have to live with. That is all I'm saying.

Thank you, I have not laughed this hard in a while.

Elected officials? These are your "experts"? I'm pretty sure all I have to do is mention the name Trump for you to give up the notion that politicians are experts on anything. Our sitting president can't even walk up a flight of stairs.

The other good laugh came from your notion that someone needs a specific degree in order to recognize that men have a physical advantages over women. (What's the term, "argument from authority"? That seems to be one of your favorites)

Are you honestly saying here that you can't tell if men have physical advantages over women, because of your degree?

You are right about relying on judges though. And one of the 9 that will end up making the ultimate decision claims she can't define what a woman even is. What a great "expert".

But her non-answer on that, and your post proves my earlier point:
Some "professionals" (people) will tell you the sky is green if their political leanings need justification.

Last edited:

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Just don't see it that way. To me there are too many disadvantages to being a woman still in American society to just transition over to win a race or win a basketball game. See it as a much more serious issue that probably both of us don't understand. That is why I say lean on the professionals on this. I don't agree with the left just saying "yeah, let them play. Don't agree with right either saying "You transitioned so you are just SOL". This is where our best and brightest have to figure it out and we all see what happens.
We shouldn't sell ourselves short by relying on "credentialism" to navigate us through an issue like this. There are some issues in this world that are pretty simple to understand for which we need not yield too much authority to "professionals." If I need to build a new bridge in Baltimore, sure, I'll consult a team of engineers, but I don't need to consult engineers to know that it collapsed. In the same way, we don't need medical professionals to confirm that most biological men will dominate similarly situated biological women in most sports.

As for there being too many disadvantages to transition "just to win a race," I said in my post that I wasn't even getting into the motivations of the trans person. The motivations don't matter. However the trans person got there, once they start to dominate women's sports, it's inevitable more will gravitate toward sports. They will, in fact, be sought out. If this allowed to play out, it will effectively end women's sports at the highest levels and we'll have to tell our daughters "you are just SOL."

cockyferg

Jan 25, 2022
I didn't say anything about transitioning. I meant what would he do as he is. But even IF he transitioned, he'd still be 50lbs heavier and most likely more muscular than any woman he'd play against. And "the problem" has already been shown. Lia Thomas was mediocre at best in men's sports and immediately won in women's sports. It's no equality or equity. It's a farce. It's ruining women's sports for women who train hard.

Reactions: Lurker123

Gamecock72

Joined Sep 24, 2019
Jan 24, 2022

iprevail

Jan 3, 2024
I am part of the LGBTQ+ umbrella and I don’t support trans people playing in their non-born gender for sports. I am also not mad at Staley for her opinion; we all have a right to one. In my opinion, there are too many complexities to drawing the line to keep the playing field fair. I guess the only exception I would consider is a fully transitioned person; meaning complete surgeries. I think another option would be creating club teams for trans athletes; similar to AAU or travel ball. I absolutely believe they should have an avenue to play sports, but the playing fields need to be fair.

Gamecock72

Joined Sep 24, 2019
Jan 24, 2022
I absolutely have nothing against anyone that's LBGTQ or anyone who believes they are now a different person, plant, or animal than they were born as. But that same person must also know that the same fairness they are looking for is the same fairness that works into sports. And that's the whole thing in a nutshell. Fairness in life and on the playing field.
IMO, this has nothing to do with LBGTQ rights. There is nothing about it that is even anti-trans. It is simply anti-biological males competing in biological female sports.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I absolutely believe they should have an avenue to play sports, but the playing fields need to be fair.

Good point.

But at this point, I can only see an entirely separate division to satisfy that. And I don't think that's feasible. Leaving us with a mess.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
500K athletes competed this year in NCAA sponsored sports. Any guess as to the number of transgendered athletes that competed over the last 5 years in NCAA Sponsored sports?

Last edited:

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
500K athletes competed this year in NCAA sponsored sports. Any guess as to the numbered of transgendered athletes that competed over the last 5 years in NCAA Sponsored sports?
I'm guessing it's not far from the same number of tubes which have had toothpaste reintroduced into them.

Last edited:

The Reel Ess

Joined Feb 3, 2005
Jan 31, 2022
500K athletes competed this year in NCAA sponsored sports. Any guess as to the number of transgendered athletes that competed over the last 5 years in NCAA Sponsored sports?
If you're telling us it's a non issue, then no one is hurt here.

Snake006

Joined Aug 7, 2007
Jan 31, 2022
Dawn has been taking pretty good hits for her stance on this in many main stream media outlets. I thought it was a hack job for the reporter to ask her that question at that press conference. I really wish she would have said that she was focused on winning a NC and that was not the time or place to discuss this issue.
That said I would love to hear her do a Indepth interview on this topic when she has more time to think about her answers.

Reactions: The Reel Ess

Gamecock72

Joined Sep 24, 2019
Jan 24, 2022
The amount of transgender athletes is not relevant. Even just one single biological male participating in a biological female sport is one too many and should not be tolerated.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Fairness to me = having trans leagues in whatever sports there's sufficient demand.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022

Yes. While I'm certainly no fan of transgender anything, it still takes a lot of guts, courage, and conviction to go through all of this. It's far more personal and individually deep-seated than to do all of this for an athletic scholarship.

Reactions: LonghornsGamecocks

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Dawn has been taking pretty good hits for her stance on this in many main stream media outlets. I thought it was a hack job for the reporter to ask her that question at that press conference. I really wish she would have said that she was focused on winning a NC and that was not the time or place to discuss this issue.
That said I would love to hear her do a Indepth interview on this topic when she has more time to think about her answers.
I would have asked whether or not the team was staying over in Cleveland to watch the eclipse.

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
Maybe, but gender disphoria is a recognized mental illness. Until our medical books and journals change that, I'm sticking with the concept that women shouldn't be forced to compete against or share locker rooms with men.

Reactions: Blues man

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
Maybe, but gender disphoria is a recognized mental illness. Until our medical books and journals change that, I'm sticking with the concept that women shouldn't be forced to compete against or share locker rooms with men.
I'd add that a doctor's input or a consensus should not be a determining factor in the sports issue. IMO, those in or have been in the sports field carry far more weight. I am convinced there are very few academics out there that truly understand what it's like to participate in sports... especially at a serious level. Give me the opinion of someone who has over anyone who hasn't. Are there some coaches and players out there that have similar views as Dawn? Yeah but I'd bet the farm that her views are of a small minority of sports participants in comparison.