NCAA facing yet another lawsuit

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
This time over the transgender issue. Suit brought by Riley Gaines and others. Wouldn't be surprised to see this work its way up to SCOTUS and have a final decision on this issue.

Feb 24, 2024
I'm 100% for LGBTQ+ rights and treating all humans with dignity, grace, and kindness. I'm opposed to male-assigned biological sex humans competing athletically as females. I think there's a scientific delta that cannot be fairly reconciled. I do not think my points of view stand contradictory to each other.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I'm 100% for LGBTQ+ rights and treating all humans with dignity, grace, and kindness. I'm opposed to male-assigned biological sex humans competing athletically as females. I think there's a scientific delta that cannot be fairly reconciled. I do not think my points of view stand contradictory to each other.

Agree, but believe there is a troubling overlap when enforcing "rights". He has a right to identify and use the bathroom of his choice, but doesn't my wife or daughter have a right to go to the bathroom without men? Etc. I know, we could rant for pagesnon the minutia.

But the overarching idea, treat all humans with dignity, grace, and kindness is a start.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Agree, but believe there is a troubling overlap when enforcing "rights". He has a right to identify and use the bathroom of his choice, but doesn't my wife or daughter have a right to go to the bathroom without men? Etc. I know, we could rant for pagesnon the minutia.

But the overarching idea, treat all humans with dignity, grace, and kindness is a start.
And this is where you run into a brick wall. Their philosophy is you either 100% support them in everything they think say and want to do in society or you’re the enemy. You can’t say I support their rights for marriage and all this other stuff but I don’t think biological males should compete against biological females. That’s not good enough. They demand 100% complete and total alignment and subjection to their philosophy, or you’re viewed as the enemy.

Gamecock Vet

Feb 13, 2022
This time over the transgender issue. Suit brought by Riley Gaines and others. Wouldn't be surprised to see this work its way up to SCOTUS and have a final decision on this issue.
I think that this country has moved way too far to the radical left and anything and everything transgender people do is treated as right even if it infringes on a conservative Christian’s beliefs or point of view! Quite honestly I am sick of it and will speak out at every opportunity!! Tired of libtard ignorance trying to tell me how to feel and act!!

Feb 24, 2024
Their philosophy is you either 100% support them in everything they think say and want to do in society or you’re the enemy.
I think this is a fundamental problem with most of our public discourse. Most "sides" are drawing black and white lines in the sand instead of understanding that human nature is a wide-band greyscale. I wish everyone, from leadership to media to private citizens would turn the temperatures down, stop calling names, and start respecting diverse and disparate points of view while treating each other with grace and humility.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I think this is a fundamental problem with most of our public discourse. Most "sides" are drawing black and white lines in the sand instead of understanding that human nature is a wide-band greyscale. I wish everyone, from leadership to media to private citizens would turn the temperatures down, stop calling names, and start respecting diverse and disparate points of view while treating each other with grace and humility.
The days of civil discourse are long gone, my friend.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I think that this country has moved way too far to the radical left and anything and everything transgender people do is treated as right even if it infringes on a conservative Christian’s beliefs or point of view! Quite honestly I am sick of it and will speak out at every opportunity!! Tired of libtard ignorance trying to tell me how to feel and act!!
You are right as far as the movement to the left. Objectively, speaking, conservative positions, have not really changed all that much. Indeed, conservative and liberal positions on a number of social issues were aligned even as far as 25 years ago. However, as the left has embraced more and more radical social issues, many of which are tied to the LGBT movement, They have put more and more distance between their philosophy and the philosophy of the right. It’s created the situation where no middle ground is really possible.

what middle ground can there be between one group who wants to have drag queen story hour for children and another group who does not?

Reactions: Mountain guy

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I don't either. I'm more traditional in my views than you are, but intellectually honest people of all stripes run into unbreachable walls occasionally.

Reactions: LonghornsGamecocks