heard about it in real time on this very message board. I have posted this before. But on that day I was working in psychiatric emergency service at Grady Hospital in downtown Atlanta. At one point I was standing in waiting room watching TV and first tower had already fallen. I was standing there with our nurse manager puzzling what are we actually watching when the second tower collapsed live. Announcers were confused, everyone was confused. I became aware of person standing next to me was a well know frequent flyer in PES, semi homeless guy with schizophrenia who was always dressed in blazer and tie, and he looks at me and nurse and says "don't mess with them muslims" and wanders off.........9/11.![]()
heard about it in real time on this very message board. I have posted this before. But on that day I was working in psychiatric emergency service at Grady Hospital in downtown Atlanta. At one point I was standing in waiting room watching TV and first tower had already fallen. I was standing there with our nurse manager puzzling what are we actually watching when the second tower collapsed live. Announcers were confused, everyone was confused. I became aware of person standing next to me was a well know frequent flyer in PES, semi homeless guy with schizophrenia who was always dressed in blazer and tie, and he looks at me and nurse and says "don't mess with them muslims" and wanders off.........
My recollection was some one who worked in NYC actually saw it happen and posted something to that effect. But they thought was a small planeThe coverage by posters here on this board was phenomenal. We had pilots, ex FAA, New Yorkers, ex foreign service, lawyers, doctors, construction guys, you name it, commenting before the media had a clue. Solid info in real time.
My recollection was some one who worked in NYC actually saw it happen and posted something to that effect. But they thought was a small plane
RIP, @Shrink (RK). Such a lovely man.This board was on fire. I had it open for like 12 hours, following threads.
BTW, same thing for the capture of the Boston Marathon bombers. We had people on here (Shrink was one, RIP) reporting faster than the networks.
BWI Football
There's no one fix but Penn State's Run Game Problems Trace Back to the Left Side of the Line
BWI Football
Here's how Chip Kelly Broke The Penn State defense. Can other teams replicate it?
BWI Football
In July, Pat Kraft thought Penn State was "poised to have a really exciting year." So far, it's been anything but
BWI Football
Penn State Defensive Film Thread: Reviewing the Gory Details of a 400-Yard Rushing Performance
BWI Football
Penn State has an identity problem. Matt Campbell knows fixing it starts with him