New Bracketology.

lostdawg6

Jan 7, 2008
I think it could be interesting but I could see Jarvis getting into foul trouble in that one.

patdog

May 28, 2007
that matchup is about as good as we could possibly ask for.

1984Dawg

Feb 23, 2008
Top 3 or 4 seeds are protected against what would basically be road games in the first 2 rounds now. I don't know that there's anyone we could really expect to play in Birmingham. Maybe Louisville, but the distance disparity is still probably too much. Probably the only way we get to Birmingham is if we win the SEC tournament and get a 4.

topdawg.sixpack

Nov 25, 2007
While Georgetown is a tough draw, I think we could beat them, and then face Xavier in the Sweet 16? They are beatable....Regional Final vs. UNC... Tyler vs. Tyler's Brother....</p>

Aug 30, 2006
prediction of seeding, but does it seem strange to anyone else that ESPN has us marked with a red down arrow after losing by only 1 to Vandy on the road in OT on a miracle shot and winning our final game at home. We have gone 16-4 over our last 20 games & 12-4 in league play. However Arkansas is marked with a red up arrow after going 9-7 in conference & 12-8 over their last 20. Can anyone make any plausible explanations for this? Just curious.

Columbus Dawg

Feb 23, 2008
I'm thinking 43-37 and a whole lot of bricks.

We really need to work our way up to a 6 seed to avoid the 1's and 2's.

Aug 30, 2006
what I can't understand is how going 1-1 over the last week with a 1 pt OT loss at Vandy and a win at home over a much improved LSU team deserves a down arrow for MSU while a 9 pt road loss to Ole Miss and a 13 pt win over bottom dweller AU deserves an up arrow for Arkansas. The level of competition MSU faced this week was tougher and MSU performed better than Ark.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
I don't know why a win over LSU dropped us, but you're talking about the whole week, and that isn't what those arrows take into account. It was previously updated on Friday, so Arkansas' loss to Ole Miss has nothing to do with it. Neither does our close loss at Vandy.

However, like I said, I don't understand how we can take care of business at home and drop a spot.

1984Dawg

Feb 23, 2008
because we're not the only team playing. Losing at Vandy doesn't move you much. Winning at home against LSU doesn't either. More than likely other teams just played their way in. Who took our spot as a 6? What did they do?

Aug 30, 2006
Since the last update prior to today was Friday, it makes even less sense that our stock should be dropping since we took care of an improved LSU at home while Arkansas' stock is rising after beating cellar dwelling AU at home.</p>

Aug 30, 2006
The only projected 6 with an improving stock is Clemson who barely beat Va Tech (a good team) @ home. The only falling 6 seed was Vandy who lost to Bama in OT. So either Clemson moved up & took our spot or Vandy moved down & took our spot. I doubt either scenario is true simply because I don't believe we were a 6 seed going into the game. So, our stock should not be dropping after beating LSU at home.

1984Dawg

Feb 23, 2008
Clemson was likely very close behind us and they beat a significantly better team than we did, both at home. It's not like this is a poll and you have to do something big to jump a team. It's just Lunardi's projection of what the committee will do. The committee could care less that the day we beat LSU, they beat VT.

Aug 30, 2006
because I was out hunting. How weird that we lose to Vandy on Wed and we are a 6 seed; then we win and we drop to a 7 seed. I know that there are umpteen factors that play into all of this and I don't pretend to even try to keep up with all of them, but that makes no sense whatsoever to me. And yes, I know these are just projections.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
And as far as these being just projections go, I disagree with them. I think we're a 6 right now. A loss on Friday would knock us down to a 7 and making it to Sunday would bump us up to a 5.

williecunningham

Mar 3, 2008
_________________________________________________ Looks like the last four in are Arizona, Syracuse, New Mexico, and Arizona State.