New M-State Logo - Pictures Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack At Shelter

Nov 25, 2007
Sorry it took so long. I don't know many details. I do know that the logo is not being changed for aesthetic reasons, but because the old logo causes too many problems when printing/monogramming; not sure how that works, but that is what I've heard.

1st Page

2nd Page

3rd Page

bulldogbaja

Dec 18, 2007
This is indeed why I read sixpack.
Holy crap, there's actually some pretty good product on there.

jamdawg96

Feb 27, 2008
As for preferences, I'd say "B" on the 2nd page is the one I would go with. Although I'm not all that impressed with any of em. I miss the days when the "S" or even the "U" were just as important as the "M" that now dominates our logo. STATE is emphasized to some degree in most of these, but the dominant "M" alone still reminds me too much of the Rebs. And that sucks. Because the last thing I want is the impression that we're likening our logo to theirs.

If there's anything I still miss about the Jackie years, it's the interlocking MSU. I'd also take the "MS" logo from baseball over just about every one of these. And I might even prefer just "STATE" on something like the helmets. Without the "M" at all. That's what separates us. We're the only team in the SEC with "State" in our name besides LSU. And when's the last time anyone called them that? Oh well. Can't win em all. I suppose with the way things were going so well in the athletic department we were due for a let down. Hopefully our logo will be the only lame part of the new sporting year.

thatlonghairedguy

Apr 14, 2006
I like B on the third page the best.

that bulldog looks good in all those. I love how the dog is on all 4's like a dog. My bulldog is so top heavy, as most english's, she couldn't stand on her back legs if you made her.

way to not <17> it up, m-state(sincerely)

Fletch Fletcher

Sep 25, 2006
I'm sorry, but tell me that option P on the final page is a damn joke! WTF??? Mississippi???? We are NOT damn Mississippi!!! We are Mississippi State!!! Mississippi is in Oxford. I understand ESPN or CBS or others screwing that up, but how the <17> does this get screwed up by our own people. Son of a *****!

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
but the top of the 3rd page and your post made me laugh...

From the top...
Reinforce the "Bulldogs" nickname through exploration of stronger, tougher interpretations <span style="font-weight: bold;">clear of confusion with other institutions</span>

FlabLoser

Aug 20, 2006
I have seen plenty of otherwise high quality shirts (nike, underarmour, etc) at The Lodge where the logo was either crooked or the shirt material was gathered/bunched up in permenant wrinkles around the logo stitching.

FlabLoser

Aug 20, 2006
I like A & B on page 2, but not any more than what we already have.

As far as getting a bulldog on the logo goes, I'd go with L on page 3 although I don't care much for any of those choices. I'd rather see us go with something in this style.

Note the animal's aggressive tone.

benatmsu

May 28, 2007
I don't really like any of them on the first page, but I guess "C" isn't too shabby. The 2nd page isn't much of a departure of what we've got now. But I have to say D,I,L or Q on the third page are all pretty sharp.

hotdogface9

Jul 13, 2008
make it on the side of helmets. I'm not sure any of them would look better than the stacked MSU, but I hope that if we do change (again) that we stick with it whatever it is.

DovaDawg

Aug 28, 2007
I do like that they are working to update the bulldog image. I am not thrilled with any of those options. I have seen high schools with tougher and more quality looking bulldogs. Last night I got bored and broke out my NCAA 2004 game and I do have to admit we at least had a image then. I did not like the walking bully on the flags, but the unis did look good.

Edit to add:

Several of the M's remind me of this:

D

Dawg725

Call me old school, but I love "L" and "Q" from the final page! The bulldog is excellent. Looks like a lot of the bully's from the 40's or 50's...

Sarc Dawg

Nov 9, 2003
1- D
2- A

I think logo D on page one might look good if it was centered on the back of the helmet and wrapped around the sides.

DovaDawg

Aug 28, 2007
<div style="text-align: left;"> What would y'all think about giving pg.3 E or J as helmet stickers in the same fashion that Ohio State gives Buckeye stickers for key plays?

Ok ... one last edit:

I also like that they mention the use of the silver to outline the logo. I have thought for some time that we needed a gray or silver accent color.
</div>

TR.sixpack

Feb 14, 2008
We finally are getting rid of that awful Walking Bully!

One suggestion, Bully needs a collar. He looks weird without one.

AssEndDawg

Aug 1, 2007
I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. I can't believe they are going to change it (although I am glad) considering how it will water down the brand. Great scoop!

I like Q on page 3, maybe not as our logo but I would love that on my cowbell.

LandArchDawg

Sep 14, 2003
I cannot say that I like any of those or the direction they are going. They began at the wrong starting point with the MBanner logo. They really need to revisit the interlocking MSU or the MS baseball logo. The bulldogs look comical to me.

DirtyLopez

Feb 26, 2008
build up the dogs shoulders to make them rise above the M more. Most of the stuff on the first page looks too CUSA or MAC for me.

drunkernhelldawg

Nov 25, 2007
Thanks for the tremendous news "scoop"! I love the idea of A-D on page 3. Like others, I like B the best. I also like F and N on page 3.

I like the traditional type logos on page two as well. Hopefully, the committee won't convert this tremendous brainstorming into a stupid final decision. The pressure is on; I feel for 'em.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
As for the logos, they'll have to grow on me. I figure I need to just be excited that we've got an AD and staff that is proactive and actually DOING SOMETHING, DAMNIT!

There were lots of posters here calling ******** on a logo upgrade. I don't blame them. The prior ****** administration was as predictable as hell. Sit on the *** and do nothing. The fact that there's somebody interested in improvement occupying the Bryan Building is really hard to comprehend.

So, I say, give em hell, Greg Byrne!

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
If they want a new logo because of printing problems, they should make sure all the new logos presented solve that problem. And then, they should let focus groups decide the new logo.

Of course, this site and its postings on the subject are somewhat of a focus group. However, something a little more statistically diverse would be wise.

Hildreth00

Jun 8, 2008
They all suck! The M-State logo is a puss filled scab on the *** of MSU athletics. There's no way to make it look good on a cap or helmet.
Scrap it.

Nov 11, 2007
I don't like any of them.
What we now have is at least recognizable, due to recent history.

Then again, we had the flying M when I was in school.

I had no prob with it, once I understood it.

RCD

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
I like B on page the best as well. Most of page 1 and 3 look horrible - like they got a HS art class to submit ideas or something. I shudder to think how much we paid guys to come up with that stuff.

For as much as some people have bitched about the logo, I think it's hard to say any of the current options are really any better than the banner logo we have now as most of page 2 is pretty much a slight revision on it and most people seem to be liking the stuff on page 2 the best.

Building a brand is a very important job of the AD as well so let's hope we don't end up with some of those horrible ideas.

B

Bulldoghair

although i favor the ms logo on the helmet, if i was forced to choose from above for a helmet logo, i think i would choose M on the 3rd page</p>

Status
Not open for further replies.