new millionaires

Apr 14, 2014
24
0
1
does anyone have a reasonable breakdown or forecast about the money the draftees can expect? I realize there is a lot of talk about Tunsil losing 8 to 12 million with his drop to 13. and how about the guys that did not get drafted but signed "free agent" deals....
 

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,357
113
These rookies now don't get these mega deals that they once got. They are all playing for that second contract. I'm sure Tunsil lost a little bit in signing bonus but if he plays well through his rookie contract, he will get a big contract in a few years. I have a hard time believing he lost anywhere close to $8 million.
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,407
309
83
These rookies now don't get these mega deals that they once got. They are all playing for that second contract. I'm sure Tunsil lost a little bit in signing bonus but if he plays well through his rookie contract, he will get a big contract in a few years. I have a hard time believing he lost anywhere close to $8 million.

the max deals that can be offered at picks #5 and #13 are $20mil and $12mil respectively. Hence, why people are equating the precipitous, Knemdiche-like drop, to an $8mil loss.

or atleast that's what I've read on the twitters.
 
Last edited:
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor