Not surprising

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
but truly ridiculous. Another example of the impossible task of the national media keeping State and UM separate. I just don't notice this with say Oregon, Oregon State, etc.

From CBSSportsline article:

"The Wildcats, who held the Bulldogs to 14 first-half points, almost blew all of a 23-point lead and managed to pull out the victory"

patdog

May 28, 2007
One reason you don't notice this kind of stuff with Oregon, Oregon St., etc. is that you don't care about those schools so you don't notice it. I'm sure it probably happens more with MSU and UM than some other schools. But when Florida was playing Michigan St. in the NCAA finals several years ago, I heard the CBS announcer refer to Florida St. and to Michigan within about 5 minutes of each other. Still, there's no excuse for crap like that, especially not in a written article where you have the chance to actually proofread what you wrote.

Bulldog Backer

Jul 22, 2007
....I don't think the confusion would last for long. I have personally been all for it since 1963, when they started calling us the Bulldogs again. The Bulldog would always be our mascot, but I'd really like to go back to Maroons. The great Lindsey Nelson never forgot, and always called us the Maroons.

Center Z

Sep 4, 2006
We make the change, and as the football team runs out of the giant inflatable helmet for the big first game with our new moniker and jerseys, we notice the print on the front says "MARONS".

Three Putt

Nov 15, 2005
to wearing f'n maroon, instead of whatever the hell this candy apple **** croom's got us in is called.

Hell, he doesn't care. He's lookin fly in his black ensemble.