Now I've heard it all!!! Mack Brown is so full of ****

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
North Carolina UNC Tar Heels football coach mack Brown WR Tez Walker NCAA Charlie Baker appeal (rivals.com)

They are taking the mental health route according to this article BUT he (Brown) says that Walker is one of the best WR in the Nation and the NCAA should not deny him a chance at an NFL career.

This article makes me so mad...they use mental health as the issue for his eligibility. If this player has mental health issues, he needs to pack up and go home and get better!! Kind of funny how all these mental health issues will go away if he gets to play. Oh and then goes on to a NFL payday, he will somehow be cured of all his ailments.

Mack, the pregnant snake oil salesman.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
The mental health issue was supposedly due to living apart from his family, notably his sick grandmother (who isn't too sick to attend football games, apparently). He's now living close to them, so I'm not sure how football should factor into his mental health.

be cocky

Joined Jan 29, 2019 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 21, 2022
The mental health issue was supposedly due to living apart from his family, notably his sick grandmother (who isn't too sick to attend football games, apparently). He's now living close to them, so I'm not sure how football should factor into his mental health.
what happens when one of the other nfl teams other than the panthers draft him?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
The lesson here: When you're accepting a 3-time transfer, do your due diligence.

If you accept a borderline/questionable recruit, you can't COUN'T on the NCAA granting a waiver. Maybe you hope for it, but you can't throw tantrums when it doesn't go your way. Do your homework.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
It'll be a last-minute waiver and they'll run a special segment on his "journey" during the game.
Angel Halo GIF by Tinashe
Kyle Broflovski GIF by South Park

Maurice Minnifield

Joined Feb 12, 2007
Feb 23, 2022
I understand where Brown is coming from. Problem is, when you start making exceptions to the rule, you have opened up a huge can of worms.
I feel sorry for the kid and kinda respect Brown for fighting for him but rules are rules.

MrCockStrong

Feb 2, 2022
I understand where Brown is coming from. Problem is, when you start making exceptions to the rule, you have opened up a huge can of worms.
I feel sorry for the kid and kinda respect Brown for fighting for him but rules are rules.

You would be opening up a can of worms if there was a governing body ensuring equitable application of the rules. If only there was such a governing body for college athletics ...

SSIGamecock

Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 3, 2022
well of course it affects his mental health. If you can't have what you want in today's world, your mental health is affected and you deserve it. I'm currently making a play for the powerball jackpot and feel that my ticket losing tonight will negatively affect my mental health so I should win.

Reactions: bcaldw01

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Mental health is tricky.
Sometimes I struggle with staying away from snacks at night for my physical health. Then it's all I can think about. So I walk over to the freezer and grab an ice cream cone, or to the pantry for some chips. Instantly my mental health dilemma is gone. Hopefully playing in game one will help this young man. We all know you can't get to the NFL after four years of college unless you play that 5th year at UNC. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 18IsTheMan