O.T. Mac users

Dan Dority

Redshirt
Aug 25, 2012
306
0
0
Should I upgrade to OS X Yosemite: All I do use my mac for is safari internet browsing. Is it worth the download?
 

LiterallyPolice

Redshirt
Dec 15, 2011
376
0
0
I would say upgrade. You never know what application you'll want to use, and if it will be incompatible with older operating systems. Also, Yosemite has been out long enough where any kinks have been worked out, and newer operating systems in general will almost always have better security, battery life, etc.
 

Dan Dority

Redshirt
Aug 25, 2012
306
0
0
O.K. thanks, I'm leery anytime something is always popping up on my screen telling me to upgrade. You just never know if it is worth it.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,066
2,816
113
I upgraded to Yosemite on my iMac a month or two ago and it was free. I also just bought a new MacBook Pro 13" and it came installed with Yosemite. I just did an update.

It works very smoothly and is fast on both machines. Battery life on the MacBook is great, I'd say similar to an iPad. They say "up to 10 hours".
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,038
10,204
113
If you use an iPhone or iPad you should. Great connectivity features for all Mac devices and iCloud sharing.
 

Dan Dority

Redshirt
Aug 25, 2012
306
0
0
The macbook pro is the only Apple device I own. I've already begun the download. Thanks for the advice.
 
Aug 24, 2012
176
0
0
What hardware are you going to run it on?

Should I upgrade to OS X Yosemite: All I do use my mac for is safari internet browsing. Is it worth the download?
Because there are definitely MacBook's that can be upgraded to Yosemite that shouldn't. I had to add an extra 2gb RAM to my wife's after she upgraded to it.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Recruiting JUCO Edge Derion Gould sees the potential at Mississippi State
  3. 03 Maroon and White Baseball Mississippi State Biloxi baseball schedule altered by weather
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Recruiting "Electric" Mississippi State atmosphere boosts big recruiting weekends
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Can Mississippi State's running game keep up?