Official 1/13---1/14 NFL Playoff weekend thread

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Someone tell Pegula $20 an hour to shovel in snow country won't get anyone off their couches to consider. @rudedude

Reactions: Tgar

OhioLion

Oct 12, 2021
Honest question. Is this a losing battle? Isn’t the snow Saturday and Sunday going to be lake effect? Meaning it may be continuous and they could get pounded?
Archbold is a long drive to Buffalo, so I’ll pass.
😁

OL

Reactions: bbrown and PSUJam

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Who does this weather favor? The Bills are a better passing team so I'll say the Steelers.

I attended a Bills game 20 years ago when the high temp was -2. It wasn't too bad because our seats were low in the stadium and I wore lots of layers. Fortunately the wind wasn't bad but I wondered how the WRs could catch a ball while getting hit in the back in that weather.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Who does this weather favor? The Bills are a better passing team so I'll say the Steelers.

I attended a Bills game 20 years ago when the high temp was -2. It wasn't too bad because our seats were low in the stadium and I wore lots of layers. Fortunately the wind wasn't bad but I wondered how the WRs could catch a ball while getting hit in the back in that weather.

I was in the Blue Band, and we performed at a Bills game on a Sunday afternoon in November 1991. It was so cold that the valves on our instruments froze. We marched well, but we were very quiet out there. 🥶

Alphabets

Oct 12, 2021
Niners fans....

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Reactions: bdgan

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021

The Bills run the ball very well and we have Weapon X, Josh Allen. Go ahead and underestimate the Bills ability to run the ball and playoff Lenny will be in the rotation too.and the Bills have more rushing yards than the Steelers

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
The Bills run the ball very well and we have Weapon X, Josh Allen. Go ahead and underestimate the Bills ability to run the ball and playoff Lenny will be in the rotation too.and the Bills have more rushing yards than the Steelers

Tomlin’s got this.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
The Bills should win but weather can be an equalizer.

Cook is a good RB for the Bills but Harris is better. The Bills advantage might be Josh Allen running but the Bills are also prone to TOs and bad weather doesn't help.

Steelers are without Watt but they're getting a few others back. The Bills lost WR Davis, S Rapp, and LB Dotson (who was playing for Milano), and CB Douglas last week. Injuries definitely favor the Steelers.

Reactions: LB99

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
The Bills should win but weather can be an equalizer.

Cook is a good RB for the Bills but Harris is better. The Bills advantage might be Josh Allen running but the Bills are also prone to TOs and bad weather doesn't help.

Steelers are without Watt but they're getting a few others back. The Bills lost WR Davis, S Rapp, and LB Dotson (who was playing for Milano), and CB Douglas last week. Injuries definitely favor the Steelers.
Hate to break it to you this is Bills playoff time and the Steelers are gonna get trucked. Rapp is a nickel back, Davis has caught 3 passes the last three games and Spector covered for Dodson so no worries there. It’s great to have confidence in your team but the Steelers are one and done. Oh and James Cook has run for more yards than Najee Harris.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PSUJam

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
Kansas City fans are apparently dumping their tickets for about $37 per seat due to the sub zero temperature forecast for the game. Cant say as I blame them.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
I laugh to myself on some folks comments on social media about moving or postponing the KC and Buffalo games. They make comments like, “it should be played in all the elements”. Most of them probably have never been to a such a bad weather game or they don’t even have tickets.

Reactions: Nitt1300

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
I laugh to myself on some folks comments on social media about moving or postponing the KC and Buffalo games. They make comments like, “it should be played in all the elements”. Most of them probably have never been to a such a bad weather game or they don’t even have tickets.
Some of them probably never go outdoors.

• Haha
Reactions: PSUJam and rudedude

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Maybe some prisoners from a local state prison will chip in simply to get a day outside the walls. It worked at Beaver Stadium in 1995.
I was on campus at that time and I think they were offering $14 an hour to students and still couldn't get enough to clean up.

Reactions: Bison13

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
When I was on campus in the late 70’s they tried to recruit students to go play football against the prisoners at Rockview! Yeah sure, I saw the Longest Yard and didn’t want a shiv in my ribs on a tackle! 👍

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
Hate to break it to you this is Bills playoff time and the Steelers are gonna get trucked. Rapp is a nickel back, Davis has caught 3 passes the last three games and Spector covered for Dodson so no worries there. It’s great to have confidence in your team but the Steelers are one and done. Oh and James Cook has run for more yards than Najee Harris.
It takes a certain kind of fan (Bills and Browns come to mind) to cheer for a team that’s never won anything yet still be so overly cocky about them.

WVilleLion23

Oct 27, 2022
What is interesting is that Buffalo is supposed to have snow everyday through I think Thursday. I think it is supposed to be less windy on Monday, but there will still be snow.

Reactions: PSUJam

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
What is interesting is that Buffalo is supposed to have snow everyday through I think Thursday. I think it is supposed to be less windy on Monday, but there will still be snow.
I would hope the NFL let's the winner play on Sunday afternoon. A Monday to Saturday turnaround is a huge disadvantage.

Reactions: ODShowtime

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
I would hope the NFL let's the winner play on Sunday afternoon. A Monday to Saturday turnaround is a huge disadvantage.
Why would the NFL do that? Look how fine of an officiating situation they have going on!
😳

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Let’s go Texans! Screw the Browns. The “brownies” as Myron Cope would say.

Last edited:

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
As a Steelers fan since childhood, I was hoping for them to lose out part way through the season. I want Tomlin gone and higher draft picks for a coach that doesn't consistently underachieve with the talent.
There are some rumors that Tomlin is hinting at stepping down after the season. That seems peculiar to me, but who knows. I think he has one more year in his current contract. Mike Vrabel would fit the Steelers traditional mold of a hard nosed coach, but the trend is to hire offensive minded head coaches.

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio