Official 1/13---1/14 NFL Playoff weekend thread

Dec 15, 2023
There are some rumors that Tomlin is hinting at stepping down after the season. That seems peculiar to me, but who knows. I think he has one more year in his current contract. Mike Vrabel would fit the Steelers traditional mold of a hard nosed coach, but the trend is to hire offensive minded head coaches.
Perhaps it was strongly suggested to him to step down? We don't want to have to fire you, but one way or another, we are going in a different direction.

Reactions: s1uggo72

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Perhaps it was strongly suggested to him to step down? We don't want to have to fire you, but one way or another, we are going in a different direction.
I don’t know. The Rooneys are extremely loyal and patient. In fact, the one rumor I heard was that they approached him to extend his contract beyond next year and he wanted to hold off. Again, all rumors and a lot of speculation.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
My god he’s already more than a yd downfield
Yeah, but that was after the ball was released. Presumably he would have been just about right on the line of scrimmage when the ball was released?

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Yeah, but that was after the ball was released. Presumably he would have been just about right on the line of scrimmage when the ball was released?
And even in that pic, he’s still legal…the rule for being downfield is like the rule for throwing a forward pass, as the entire body needs to be more than one yard downfield to be illegal.

Reactions: LionJim

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
And even in that pic, he’s still legal…the rule for being downfield is like the rule for throwing a forward pass, as the entire body needs to be more than one yard downfield to be illegal.
Watch it real time like refs see it. It’s not even close

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
I like the way it landed this weekend, with two games each day.
It was a big deal betting wise. If you thought it was going to be a whiteout blizzard, lots of people probably took the under. Now it might be an easier track come Monday. A lot of betting people with the under prob aren’t happy.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Watch it real time like refs see it. It’s not even close
Huh? I’ve showed you the still pics to show that there was no penalty. Thankfully, the refs also saw that correctly. How would “refs see it” to turn a play that was clearly legal into a penalty?

And contrary to the popular opinion, these refs at this level are pretty darn good and know what they’re doing and what to watch for (especially when they have NY helping them).

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
It was a big deal betting wise. If you thought it was going to be a whiteout blizzard, lots of people probably took the under. Now it might be an easier track come Monday. A lot of betting people with the under prob aren’t happy.
True…when I submitted my postseason spread confidence pool today (after it moved), I made BUF over my strongest play of the weekend since I’m sure the whole world is on that under.

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
The refs didn’t notice it and allowed Mahomes to run another play with the damaged helmet. Then they stopped the game and made him change helmets.
And didn’t make KC use a timeout.

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
Idk the nfl rule but an equipment TO is not charger to either team
That’s not what the rules expert said. He was shocked they didn’t charge KC with a timeout, said it was wrong.

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
Wow - this Fish/Chiefs game isn't on local tv in Palm Beach County. Peacock only. This past year the nfl determined that PBC isn't part of the Miami market.

PBC is like a third of their fans.

No sympathy after what they did to Steelers fans in Harrisburg.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Packers-Cowboys at 4:30 on Fox. Rams-Lions at 8:15 on NBC. I checked so you don’t have to.

Reactions: BobPSU92

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Perhaps it was strongly suggested to Tomlin to step down? We don't want to have to fire you, but one way or another, we are going in a different direction.
Wouldn’t stepping down cost a coach $$$ as opposed to getting fired? If a coach is fired, wouldn’t he be owed the $ from the rest of his contract? And if he resigned, no $ due him?

Last edited: