One final question about our OL/OC/gameplan

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I can understand the rationale that Loggains was unable to run the offense he wanted b/c the OL was so horrendous. However, that assumes the coaches didn't know we had a bad OL until the game started. I can't imagine we went though a whole month of fall practice and there were no serious concerns raised about the OL The UNC DL is nothing special, so it's not like we have a good OL that just ran into a tough DL opponent. They HAD to know we had OL issues, right? That being the case, why would you formulate a game plan on having a strong OL?

I know don't if there's a good answer here. Either nobody on the coaching staff realized the OL was terrible or they did and they didn't scheme for it.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Well, they were going up against our soft DL all offseason. So now they know where they stand. Let’s see what adjustments they come up with.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Well, they were going up against our soft DL all offseason. So now they know where they stand. Let’s see what adjustments they come up with.

I suppose. It's one thing to get into Game 1 and find out you have issues at one point or another on the OL that maybe didn't show up in practice, but the entire OL was awful. Maybe they knew and just crossed their fingers that it would work out on game day.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
I suppose. It's one thing to get into Game 1 and find out you have issues at one point or another on the OL that maybe didn't show up in practice, but the entire OL was awful. Maybe they knew and just crossed their fingers that it would work out on game day.
Beamer isn’t spurrier. He’s not going to slam an entire position group. There were enough reports that there were some concerns that we should have had some idea. When it’s game week and 2 Ol positions aren’t settled that’s bad. A lot of people, including me, ignored all of that. 😂

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Beamer isn’t spurrier. He’s not going to slam an entire position group. There were enough reports that there were some concerns that we should have had some idea. When it’s game week and 2 Ol positions aren’t settled that’s bad. A lot of people, including me, ignored all of that. 😂

It'll be interesting to see if we can do better against Furman.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I know don't if there's a good answer here. Either nobody on the coaching staff realized the OL was terrible or they did and they didn't scheme for it.

That is an interesting question.

It's concerning to think the staff had no clue the OL would play like that, and it's equally concerning that they had an idea, but went forward with the gamelan anyway.

The best hope is that it was a long serious of mental mistakes that can be fixed with "simplification".

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
That is an interesting question.

It's concerning to think the staff had no clue the OL would play like that, and it's equally concerning that they had an idea, but went forward with the gamelan anyway.

The best hope is that it was a long serious of mental mistakes that can be fixed with "simplification".

Oh, no, you drop the dreaded "s" word. Game 1 and we're already talking about simplifying! lol

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
I can understand the rationale that Loggains was unable to run the offense he wanted b/c the OL was so horrendous. However, that assumes the coaches didn't know we had a bad OL until the game started. I can't imagine we went though a whole month of fall practice and there were no serious concerns raised about the OL The UNC DL is nothing special, so it's not like we have a good OL that just ran into a tough DL opponent. They HAD to know we had OL issues, right? That being the case, why would you formulate a game plan on having a strong OL?

It's possible our bad OL vs our bad DL in practice makes both look better than they are! lol

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
It's possible our bad OL vs our bad DL in practice makes both look better than they are! lol
Just caught a bit of SEC Now before bed and they asked the same basic question…how our coaches couldn’t know the OL was so bad.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
I swear I had a dream last night where we gave up 2 more sacks…making it 11. Literally having nightmares about our OL. Can’t imagine what Rattler is dreaming.

Reactions: Cackmandu