Opt out of Bowl?

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
CBS predicts Louisville in Pinstripe. But there is a chance at the Las Vegas bowl or Music city bowl. Seems the Vegas bowl would be the most favorable destination
I'm sure the players would prefer Music City or Vegas but maybe we'd have an advantage in the Pinstripe. We just got ddone playing a game in the cold and snow.

MaconNitt

Oct 12, 2021
Brisker, Dotson and Ebiketie are stupid if they play in a meaningless bowl game. Too much downside relative to upside. All have already shown they’re ready for the NFL.

As for the others…both marginal, lazy players whom the NFL scouts have already dismissed…knock yourselves out trying to make an NFL roster.
so they should opt out of the bowl game but still play in the Senior Bowl?

djmccaslin

Nov 1, 2021
I'm sure the players would prefer Music City or Vegas but maybe we'd have an advantage in the Pinstripe. We just got ddone playing a game in the cold and snow.
Just wondering--why would the players prefer the Music City Bowl? I get Vegas but why Nashville?

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
With the way they substitute to give everyone some PT, the Senior Bowl is hardly like a real game. Plus there are special rules in place to help minimize the chance of injuries. Also, the game and practices are attended by NFL types so there's the opportunity to impress them with up-close workouts and drills.

MaconNitt

Oct 12, 2021
With the way they substitute to give everyone some PT, the Senior Bowl is hardly like a real game. Plus there are special rules in place to help minimize the chance of injuries. Also, the game and practices are attended by NFL types so there's the opportunity to impress them with up-close workouts and drills.
the poster I was responding to made the comment that they have already shown they are ready for the NFL so no reason to play that game either. Injuries happen. I have seen players get hurt who were not ever touched by another player. You can have an opportunity to impress NFL Types at your schools Senior Day work outs. If you are good enough the NFL Types will find you.

Last edited:

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
Dotson and Brisker should definitely out of all post-season play. Ebiketie might benefit from playing in the Senior Bowl, but I think he's already proven himself to those at the next level who are in a position to know.

PSU has played in a number of high-profile games on national TV and the best players have already showcased themselves......a concept probably lost on you.

Last edited:

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Just wondering--why would the players prefer the Music City Bowl? I get Vegas but why Nashville?
Agree that Vegas is best. PSU already played in Pinstripe Bowl a few years ago. Besides, it's warmer in NBC Nashville.

MacNit

Oct 12, 2021
Advantage in the cold for PSU? This ain’t 1986.

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
Yeah. I'm not investing any more time in this year's squad.
I see another game similar to the Houston blowout after the Sandusky mess. This year's team team strikes me as having that same low level of motivation, except without any legitimate excuse.

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
I see another game similar to the Houston blowout after the Sandusky mess. This year's team team strikes me as having that same low level of motivation, except without any legitimate excuse.

Ah... I had mercifully forgotten about that humiliation, with the pedo bear and all the rest.

May they all burn in hell.

Reactions: MacNit