Oregon vs USC

STtiger2025

Senior
Oct 20, 2015
139
450
63
Holy smokes did you just see the hit USC put on Oregon quarterback Moore?? Obvious targeting and with Moore convulsing on the field and he dances around celebrating and getting high fives from teammates!! Dylan Raiola now in at quarterback for Oregon.
 

2D

All-American
Oct 8, 2013
3,276
6,800
113
Moore's arms froze in the air when he got hit. Seen it before and it's not good. Definitely USC trying to take him out and it worked. Now fat mahomes is in at QB.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ClarindaA’s

HuskerTherapist

Sophomore
Aug 27, 2025
148
193
43
Holy smokes did you just see the hit USC put on Oregon quarterback Moore?? Obvious targeting and with Moore convulsing on the field and he dances around celebrating and getting high fives from teammates!! Dylan Raiola now in at quarterback for Oregon.
Did they have to change his jersey when he moved from the oline to QB?
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ty7
Aug 14, 2025
361
514
93
I don’t think that counts as dancing. He immediately gets mobbed (fairly) by Oregon guys and puts his arms up. So I interpreted that as him acting like he did nothing wrong.
Fair enough. It looked like a couple teammates were patting him on the back, but it also could have been them getting him away from the Oregon players.

Either way, it was a total thug move.
 

PinkShizzle

All-Conference
Jul 9, 2025
2,142
4,830
113
You didn't see him get up and raise his arms?
I saw that as him putting his arms up in the air acting like "I didn't do it" (yes, he clearly did a dirty hit) when the Oregon players came after him than him celebrating.

And if that was him celebrating, it definitely wasn't dancing. And the high fives?

Edit to add that I'm not defending him. That was a dirty hit and I'm glad he got ejected. The Duck players should be pissed! I saw another video where he was celebrating after, which the OP mentioned. Pure trash.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: BroncHawk
Aug 14, 2025
361
514
93
Ag
I saw that as him putting his arms up in the air acting like "I didn't do it" (yes, he clearly did a dirty hit) when the Oregon players came after him than him celebrating.

And if that was him celebrating, it definitely wasn't dancing. And the high fives?
Agree on the high-fives and dancing. Really irrelevant, though, since he was ejected for a total thug play.
 

gojojo

All-Conference
Jan 1, 2023
547
1,595
93
Says a lot about their coach and the program he runs. Watching that player celebrate with his teammates on the sidelines was disgusting. I’d like to see the B1G fine the program for behavior detrimental to the league.
 

Hawksfor3

All-American
Dec 5, 2016
8,105
9,333
113
Positve signs. Hope he'll be ok.

"Fortunately, NBC cameras captured Moore moving his arms, fingers and feet as he was being taken off the field. Moore was taken to Los Angeles General Medical Center, according to the broadcast."
 

STtiger2025

Senior
Oct 20, 2015
139
450
63
He starts dancing around flapping his hands above his head and smiling the whole time all the way to the sideline after taking his helmet off and grinning and getting congratulated by many of his teammates. That video shows none of what I was talking about. Started just a few seconds later.
 

2D

All-American
Oct 8, 2013
3,276
6,800
113
He’d get a HC or OC job no sweat. 😂
 

Jayb01

Senior
Jul 3, 2025
295
587
93
I wasn't watching the game, I just happened so see it on a tv over someone's shoulder at dinner after the Iowa game last night. I immediately asked the table if anyone wanted to see a dead body... When I got home and started talking to the kid about it I saw all the taunting and laughing that guy was doing and how his team basically celebrated it. I said that guys getting suspended for sure.

Then I read this morning he was allowed back onto the sidelines after halftime??? And Lincoln Riley defended that and said 'because he's on our team.'. At that point he shouldn't be a member of your team anymore. I'm not saying leave and dont come back, his return can be discussed later, but if I'm a coach if he was taunting after that he's placed on an indefinite suspension immediately.

These are the kind of hits with intent that should be criminal. That was straight up assault. Slippery slope I know, but there's a point you should be able to legally charge a player when they willfully intend to injure someone and that person is in fact seriously injured.

And what's shocking to me is I saw on Facebook tons of people defending it saying moore slid too late and it was his fault. Wtf? So if he didn't slide and was still on his feet and that blow landed he only trying trying to launch with helmet and forearm into the guys kneecap?? Which is even MORE intent to inflict injury.
 

AFM22

Heisman
Oct 31, 2022
21,985
42,587
113
I wasn't watching the game, I just happened so see it on a tv over someone's shoulder at dinner after the Iowa game last night. I immediately asked the table if anyone wanted to see a dead body... When I got home and started talking to the kid about it I saw all the taunting and laughing that guy was doing and how his team basically celebrated it. I said that guys getting suspended for sure.

Then I read this morning he was allowed back onto the sidelines after halftime??? And Lincoln Riley defended that and said 'because he's on our team.'. At that point he shouldn't be a member of your team anymore. I'm not saying leave and dont come back, his return can be discussed later, but if I'm a coach if he was taunting after that he's placed on an indefinite suspension immediately.

These are the kind of hits with intent that should be criminal. That was straight up assault. Slippery slope I know, but there's a point you should be able to legally charge a player when they willfully intend to injure someone and that person is in fact seriously injured.

And what's shocking to me is I saw on Facebook tons of people defending it saying moore slid too late and it was his fault. Wtf? So if he didn't slide and was still on his feet and that blow landed he only trying trying to launch with helmet and forearm into the guys kneecap?? Which is even MORE intent to inflict injury.
Moore didn’t slide late. Defender had plenty of time to pull up

They changed the rule and ejected players can stay on the sideline so it is what it is

Most USC reactions I’ve seen online disapprove and do not condone of his celebrations.

I think Reilly finds himself above in-game player discipline and this makes him look just as bad.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bierhalter
Jul 6, 2025
448
937
93

Wow, a season-long suspension?! I watched it several times and thought it was one of those bang-bang plays where you could make the argument he was going for the tackle and couldn’t stop his body from doing what he did. One of those “only have a split second to make a decision on what to do” type things. Not saying I condone or liked the hit at all, but I can see why and how it happens in the moment.

That said, I’m guessing his reaction and antics in the minutes following the hit factored into the decision. Showed zero remorse or concern for Moore’s well-being, and continued smiling and celebrating what he’d done.
 

Madman_1

Senior
Dec 28, 2002
2,346
458
83
Wow, a season-long suspension?! I watched it several times and thought it was one of those bang-bang plays where you could make the argument he was going for the tackle and couldn’t stop his body from doing what he did. One of those “only have a split second to make a decision on what to do” type things. Not saying I condone or liked the hit at all, but I can see why and how it happens in the moment.

That said, I’m guessing his reaction and antics in the minutes following the hit factored into the decision. Showed zero remorse or concern for Moore’s well-being, and continued smiling and celebrating what he’d done.

I haven't been able to find any verification of this suspension.
 

BunchofAholes

All-Conference
Jul 9, 2025
2,508
4,813
113
Wow, a season-long suspension?! I watched it several times and thought it was one of those bang-bang plays where you could make the argument he was going for the tackle and couldn’t stop his body from doing what he did. One of those “only have a split second to make a decision on what to do” type things. Not saying I condone or liked the hit at all, but I can see why and how it happens in the moment.

That said, I’m guessing his reaction and antics in the minutes following the hit factored into the decision. Showed zero remorse or concern for Moore’s well-being, and continued smiling and celebrating what he’d done.
No. That was an unnecessary shot at a QB clearly going to the ground. He deserves some kind of suspension. You can't let crap like that go.
If an Iowa player had done that, I'd be mortified.
 
Jul 6, 2025
448
937
93
No. That was an unnecessary shot at a QB clearly going to the ground. He deserves some kind of suspension. You can't let crap like that go.
If an Iowa player had done that, I'd be mortified.
I agree a suspension is necessary, but didn’t think it would be season-long. I think what he did and how he acted after the hit probably contributed to it being season-long. Had he showed concern and remorse right away, probably would’ve been one game.
 

Kceasthawk@77

All-American
Feb 2, 2005
4,107
7,218
113
I wasn't watching the game, I just happened so see it on a tv over someone's shoulder at dinner after the Iowa game last night. I immediately asked the table if anyone wanted to see a dead body... When I got home and started talking to the kid about it I saw all the taunting and laughing that guy was doing and how his team basically celebrated it. I said that guys getting suspended for sure.

Then I read this morning he was allowed back onto the sidelines after halftime??? And Lincoln Riley defended that and said 'because he's on our team.'. At that point he shouldn't be a member of your team anymore. I'm not saying leave and dont come back, his return can be discussed later, but if I'm a coach if he was taunting after that he's placed on an indefinite suspension immediately.

These are the kind of hits with intent that should be criminal. That was straight up assault. Slippery slope I know, but there's a point you should be able to legally charge a player when they willfully intend to injure someone and that person is in fact seriously injured.

And what's shocking to me is I saw on Facebook tons of people defending it saying moore slid too late and it was his fault. Wtf? So if he didn't slide and was still on his feet and that blow landed he only trying trying to launch with helmet and forearm into the guys kneecap?? Which is even MORE intent to inflict injury.
Some of the talking heads on TV also said Moore slid late trying to get extra yards and its really hard for the defender in that position. In Lannings post game he was ripping the USC kid, but the part that got me is then he got all holier then thou about NONE of this players would EVER do something like that. Pure nonsense. Oregon's had a rep for some of that same kind of stuff and being pretty undisciplined under his regime.
 

Kceasthawk@77

All-American
Feb 2, 2005
4,107
7,218
113
No. That was an unnecessary shot at a QB clearly going to the ground. He deserves some kind of suspension. You can't let crap like that go.
If an Iowa player had done that, I'd be mortified.
Agree, but I'm sure that will be appealed. I've never heard of that kind of penalty, and that would be quite a precedent.
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football Recruiting Tracking where Iowa's recruits play this week
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football Throwback Thursday: Looking back at Ohio State's starters as recruits
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Football Throwback Thursday: Looking back at Iowa's starters as recruits
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Recruit Visits: Five-stars flood College Station, Starkville leads a loaded recruiting Saturday in week five
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football Budmayr keeps improvement mindset with receivers