OSU reacts to missing out on Dylan Stewart

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Some responses below from one of their forums. Typical fan stuff, but I will say it's refreshing to hear us being accused of buying recruits. I thought that our fan base owned that excuse.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How does South Carolina "out" anything us? wtf

Ya, Beamer must be cult-like with these kids. Brainwashed

Sheesh. What a boring choice for him. The 5th best SEC East team.

Yeah, SC is not the school you want to go to if you plan on winning anything other than playing time. And with the SEC doing away with divisions, its not the 5th team, SC is likely going to be in the bottom 6-8 of the conference year in and year out.

Must be a nice NIL check

South Carolina fans are upvoting. They should upvote their game threads during the season when they’re losing 6 games.

Not out of nowhere. We watched Stewart visit S. Carolina twice the last to a Big Money Cookout!!

Don't think Stewart is a flip candidate. My understanding from various reports is that the SC offer, while in the ballpark with OSU offer, was a little less. Can't see someone who likes a place so much they take less turn around and flip.

I like Players that want to win Championships and take the challenge of competition at practice with the best.Iron sharpens Iron....That being said South Carolina is not OHIO STATE and there is the portal.Hope the best for the young man.

A friend of mine who has some insights into the program said that he was offered a 7 figure NIL deal from South Cackalacky. Sounds like an offer he couldn't refuse!!

I just realized, South Carolina had 20 SACKS on the season last year. Stewart chose the 6th best SEC team with TWENTY sacks as the "system" he wants to play in? Absolutely laughable lol

Gradstudent

Joined Feb 11, 2006
Feb 2, 2022
Seems ,like the Ohio State and certain Tennessee boards had the most reaction. Tenn fan is definitely worried about Beamer.

It brought up lots of discussion about Shane Beamer vs Butch Jones which I found amusing from the Tenn fans. Our coach seems like the opposite of these comments. :)

Wtf is Beamer selling? It makes no sense.

I think the narrative is that he is Butch… who could recruit well

Butch also recruited his arse off and he was king of the bumbling incompetents. If Shane Beamer wins 9 games in the regular season this year then I will believe he is the real deal. Until then, the last two games of 2022 are a complete fluke and I am not buying him as a program builder.

Beamers personality is what will be his downfall over anything. When things get tough he will be an *** and argue with the media and blame others and it will rub people the wrong way.

Shane grew up wealthy, entitled and obnoxious. Just typical rich kid things and it’s very clear to see in him even as an adult.
His entire tenure has a very Butch Jones feel to it. He will get some guys but not enough. Then he will end up coming short and getting fired. It’s funny how the media worships him though just bc he loves to talk.

Last edited:

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Seems ,like the Ohio State and certain Tennessee boards had the most reaction. Tenn fan is definitely worried about Beamer.

It brought up lots of discussion about Shane Beamer vs Butch Jones which I found amusing from the Tenn fans. Our coach seems like the opposite of these comments. :)

Wtf is Beamer selling? It makes no sense.

I think the narrative is that he is Butch… who could recruit well

Butch also recruited his arse off and he was king of the bumbling incompetents. If Shane Beamer wins 9 games in the regular season this year then I will believe he is the real deal. Until then, the last two games of 2022 are a complete fluke and I am not buying him as a program builder.

Beamers personality is what will be his downfall over anything. When things get tough he will be an *** and argue with the media and blame others and it will rub people the wrong way.

Shane grew up wealthy, entitled and obnoxious. Just typical rich kid things and it’s very clear to see in him even as an adult.
His entire tenure has a very Butch Jones feel to it. He will get some guys but not enough. Then he will end up coming short and getting fired. It’s funny how the media worships him though just bc he loves to talk.
If a person likes ignorant speculation, that post is the place to get sated.

Hobcawcreekcock

Joined Dec 10, 2000 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 22, 2022
Amusing that a team we have a 2-0 head to head record against disses us like this. Their fans are without a doubt the most arrogant and condescending of any I’ve met while attending bowl games. WVU twice, Ok State, Mizzou, Pitt, LSU, Houston, Ohio State, Iowa, and ND among others.

Reactions: HWGcock

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Amusing that a team we have a 2-0 head to head record against disses us like this. Their fans are without a doubt the most arrogant and condescending of any I’ve met while attending bowl games. WVU twice, Ok State, Mizzou, Pitt, LSU, Houston, Ohio State, Iowa, and ND among others.
This was my thought. For the more prominent place they hold historically in the game, they can’t really talk much smack to us.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Until the kid signs on the line, I wouldn't consider them having missed out on anything yet.

Latest posts