OT: Anyone here follow golf?

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
None of that protects them or the golf venues from antitrust law if they ban a player for playing with a competing group.
I don't see the Tour as being in any legal danger whatsoever. As we're seeing right now, these players are still able to work - and even for guaranteed money and lots of it. They haven't been aggrieved.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

GamecockMike

Joined Mar 29, 2008
Jan 19, 2022
David Duval had the best response out of all the interviews I saw,Imo.it’s around the 3:20 mark.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingWard

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
David Duval had the best response out of all the interviews I saw,Imo.it’s around the 3:20 mark.

I hope he can experience some more success. He had a great swing when he was at his peak. I think he went down some wrong roads in trying to improve his body and his game. I think his TV work has been very good, but it would be wonderful to see him compete well.

Reactions: Bwellgolf

1Mcreekcock

Joined Aug 7, 2021 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 21, 2022
Yeah, so I don't understand golf at all.

Just read that guys playing for LIV can still play in the Master's and some other big tournaments b/c those tournaments aren't run by the PGA.

I think I need to retreat back into my golf-free world and quit trying to understand it.
The PGA and PGA Tour are two separate entities. The only tournaments the PGA controls are the PGA Championship and Ryder Cup.

The PGA Tour was formed by having players leave the tournaments the PGA held to start playing for the new PGA Tour. SOUND FAMILIAR?

It will be left up to The Masters, PGA Championship, U. S. Open, and The Open (British) to determine if LIV players qualify to play in THEIR events.

Last edited:

Sweetwatergolf

Jan 20, 2022
The PGA and PGA Tour are two separate entities. The only tournaments the PGA controls are the PGA Championship and Ryder Cup.

The PGA Tour was formed by having players leave the tournaments the PGA held to start playing for the new PGA Tour. SOUND FAMILIAR?

It will be left up to The Masters, PGA Championship, U. S. Open, and The Open (British) to determine if LIV players qualify to play in THEIR events.
I believe in some way the USGA will also have some input.

USCBatgirl21

Joined Sep 5, 2006
Jan 31, 2022
Here's the thing. Does anyone actually know what Schwartzel shot this weekend, or just what he made?
EXACTLY why I say the novelty will end up wearing off.
On the PGA Tour you remember what the golfer actually did in the tournament, not what their winnings were. You want to see real golf? Watch the PGA Tour.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Greg Norman revealed yesterday that Tiger Woods turned down $700-800 million to join LIV.

Spinal Tap

Jan 22, 2022
It's mind blowing when you consider how much SA spends on a venture like this. Is there even a "floor" to how much they'd
have to lose to pull the plug on LIV if it tanks financially?

IOPGCock

Jan 30, 2022
Care to explain for us non-golf-followers what's going on the Saudi golf series? I just see headlines about it but don't really understand how it works. I see Dustin Johnson left PGA to play there. Does that mean he can't participate in any PGA events from now on?
So here’s the thing. The PGA only runs one major (PGA Championship) The other 3 are run buy USGA, Augusta National and the Royal & Ancient. So that in and of itself is a quandary.

But what I find odd is that the PGA has no issue with taking sponsorship money from corporations doing big business in Saudi Arabia, but has an issue with LIV.

smells to me like protecting turf.

GamecockMike

Joined Mar 29, 2008
Jan 19, 2022
If liv wants to expand the game,let them wear shorts instead of pants.If I was the pga,I’d do it before liv does.

Reactions: Bwellgolf

Latest posts