OT- Asbestos as prop snow

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I always wait until the charcoal smoke turns clear so I’m practicing safe grilling *****
You may want to switch to lite beer. If it helps, I've seen recent studies that suggest a link between unhealthy gut bacteria and dementia. Since beer is fermented, it helps with healthy gut bacteria, so you are practically immunizing yourself by drinking beer.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
You may want to switch to lite beer. If it helps, I've seen recent studies that suggest a link between unhealthy gut bacteria and dementia. Since beer is fermented, it helps with healthy gut bacteria, so you are practically immunizing yourself by drinking beer.
Gut biome is being tied to everything now it seems like. I feel like it's either going to turn out to be revolutionary or it's the modern day equivalent of the four humors.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I should be good to go after all the beast light I drank in college on cheap draft night.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Something doesn't make sense here:

"We went into this with an open mind as to why it is that the U.S. had a shorter life expectancy than people in other countries," says Woolf, who chaired the committee that produced the report. After looking across different age and racial and economic and geographic groups, he says, "what we found was that this problem existed in almost every category we looked at."
"That was a decision – not to emphasize the differences in our population, because there is data that actually shows that even the top proportion of the U.S. population does worse than the top proportion of other populations," she explains. "We were trying to just say – look, this is an American problem."

So did they break it down by demographic or not? I think they are hiding the ball here. It used to be that Americans had poor life expectancy compared to other rich countries, but asian americans had better life expectancy than the Japanese (pretty impressive as the demographic information in the US didn't differentiate between Japanese americans and chinese americans, for excample), americans of swedish decent lived longer than Swedes, irish descent lived lonver then Irish, etc. Despite the heavy drag from car deaths and gang violence and lifestyle disease, it wasn't enough to offset the advantages if you compared something closer to apples to apples.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
There are tens of thousands of products in use containing PFAS and it's analogues.

Just about anything derived from crude oil ain't good for ya.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Something doesn't make sense here:

"We went into this with an open mind as to why it is that the U.S. had a shorter life expectancy than people in other countries," says Woolf, who chaired the committee that produced the report. After looking across different age and racial and economic and geographic groups, he says, "what we found was that this problem existed in almost every category we looked at."
"That was a decision – not to emphasize the differences in our population, because there is data that actually shows that even the top proportion of the U.S. population does worse than the top proportion of other populations," she explains. "We were trying to just say – look, this is an American problem."

So did they break it down by demographic or not? I think they are hiding the ball here. It used to be that Americans had poor life expectancy compared to other rich countries, but asian americans had better life expectancy than the Japanese (pretty impressive as the demographic information in the US didn't differentiate between Japanese americans and chinese americans, for excample), americans of swedish decent lived longer than Swedes, irish descent lived lonver then Irish, etc. Despite the heavy drag from car deaths and gang violence and lifestyle disease, it wasn't enough to offset the advantages if you compared something closer to apples to apples.
Who knows. Using life expectancy at birth (LEB) includes infant mortality, violence, and all sorts of other things that don't help you answer the question of is an environmental factor causing more disease. And plenty of bad actors exploit those effects to draw shoddy conclusions. So your priors may be wrong. Plus they appear to be talking about income not race.