OT: Best Male/Female Rock Duet - Thoughts and Nominees

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Not rock, but R&B
Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell : Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing, Your Precious Love, If I Could Build My Whole World Around You

Rock
Don't Give Up : Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
Donnie and Marie? Not rock
Sonny and Cher? Not rock
Captain and Tennille? Not rock
Ike and Tina?

Reactions: Thunderstick

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
If they both belonged to the same act/band at the time it was recorded I wouldn't count it as a duet.
Admittedly, I've never had the opportunity to give the album a listen, but if it's somewhat like the collaborations with Fleetwood Mac, then each singer would take lead, while the other provided backup vocals. So, they may not be duets.

THEwinningera

Joined Nov 6, 2015
Jan 21, 2022
Admittedly, I've never had the opportunity to give the album a listen, but if it's somewhat like the collaborations with Fleetwood Mac, then each singer would take lead, while the other provided backup vocals. So, they may not be duets.
No, they were a band prior to being recruited to Fleetwood Mac.
it was a really good album. But hard to find now. It’s not available on Spotify.

THEwinningera

Joined Nov 6, 2015
Jan 21, 2022
No, they were a band prior to being recruited to Fleetwood Mac.
it was a really good album. But hard to find now. It’s not available on Spotify.
About
93% liked this album
Google users

Buckingham Nicks is the only studio album by the duo of American rock guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and singer Stevie Nicks, both of whom later joined Fleetwood Mac. Produced by Keith Olsen, the album was released in September 1973 by Polydor Records.Wikipedia
Artist: Buckingham Nicks
Release date: September 5, 1973
Studio: Sound City Studios, Los Angeles, California
Genre: Rock

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
About
93% liked this album
Google users

Buckingham Nicks is the only studio album by the duo of American rock guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and singer Stevie Nicks, both of whom later joined Fleetwood Mac. Produced by Keith Olsen, the album was released in September 1973 by Polydor Records.Wikipedia
Artist: Buckingham Nicks
Release date: September 5, 1973
Studio: Sound City Studios, Los Angeles, California
Genre: Rock
Mick Fleetwood heard the album playing in a studio he was scouting and asked who was playing the guitar and proceeded to offer Lindsey to join the band. He agreed if Stevie was also invited. And the rest is history, so the story goes.
Some very good music on the album by the way.

Reactions: [email protected]