OT: Big Box Liquor?

fedxdog

Sophomore
Dec 7, 2008
549
113
38
Do the Sam's Clubs and Costco's in Mississippi sell their private label liquors in the stores? All the stores or only in Jackson?
I live in Tennessee and it's not allowed here but seems I heard it was in the Magnolia State.
I'll hang up and listen.
 

graddawg

Sophomore
Jun 4, 2007
2,733
170
63
Do the Sam's Clubs and Costco's in Mississippi sell their private label liquors in the stores? All the stores or only in Jackson?
I live in Tennessee and it's not allowed here but seems I heard it was in the Magnolia State.
I'll hang up and listen.

Yes. The Kirkland brand vodka at the Ridgeland Costco is decent.

Edited to add, the liquor store is “next door” to the main store.
 

Spotdawg

Freshman
Feb 15, 2007
609
50
28
At this point, Mississippi is a control state with single permits...which means that Sam's and Costco can only have one store in the state that has liquor and wine. Look for that to change very soon with the Legislature meeting this Spring. And as noted above, both stores at this point sell house brands in their mix of available brands.
 

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,357
113
They have Kirkland brand wines. I guess this is their private label.
 

Dawg1979

Redshirt
Jun 23, 2015
1,546
0
0
we just started buying the Members mark vodka at Sams. i love it. tastes just like Tito's and i haven't had a really bad hangover from it yet. and the handle of Tito's is $36, the handle of Members Mark is $13.
 

aTotal360

Heisman
Nov 12, 2009
22,523
16,273
113
Many "handcrafted" vodkas in the US get unfiltered beverage grade alcohol shipped to them in tankers and all the vodka "producer" does is filter it to give it their "unique, handcrafted" taste. They aren't really making vodka. My neighbor used to work for Ultrapure. A company that ships bulk spirits to companies for smaller companies to repackage and resell. That's why Member's Mark is likely just as "good" as Tito's.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,707
12,444
113
I don't live in Jackghanistan any more but when I did I bought wine/liquor at the old Sam's on County Line. You don't even have to have a Sam's card because its illegal to not sell it to non-members, believe that's state law and not just a Sam's rule.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor