OT: Bud Light officially dethroned

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
They say it taste like piss water.
Obviously I disagree. I think it’s a well balanced lighter beer. I don’t want a heavy full bodied beer after doing yard work on a summer day in the hot and humid lowcountry.

Backscrather

May 12, 2023
Obviously I disagree. I think it’s a well balanced lighter beer. I don’t want a heavy full bodied beer after doing yard work on a summer day in the hot and humid lowcountry.
Beer is like women. We all have our own preference. Bud light is like the winner at a pig contest.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

1Mcreekcock

Joined Aug 7, 2021 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 21, 2022
I just watched a video on YouTube about their demise and the vid had a picture from twitter someone took at a ballgame of the lines at Bud Light stands and Coors stands...there were ZERO people in line for BL and about 40 people in the Coors line....get this tho...the pic was taking at the Columbia Regional it said...time stamp was June 5th at 8:47 so I assume the NC St game....point is even Founders is taking part in the boycott....kudos
I had a friend at the game Sunday...other beers $10. I guess they were trying to get rid of Bud Light...put up a sign for $4 and it still didn't sell.

Bushmaster

Jan 31, 2022
I just Googled it. Seems to be a regional thing. Apparently they do drink dark beer in the South. I lived in northern Germany near the border with The Netherlands. They don’t drink dark beer there. But when they have a family holiday meal just the children drank dark beer that I saw.
I know when I was stationed in southern Germany, Hefeweizen was the most consumed beer. Most towns had their own brewery and it was strictly regulated by the Government as to the ingredients and process. Hefe’s are a dark beer……
Also the majority of American, and Mexican breweries were originally started by German brewmasters

Gcock16

Joined Mar 28, 2020
Feb 1, 2022
I drank Budlite back in the day when I used to go to 5points. More of a Bourbon drinker now. I honestly DGAF that they put a cross dresser on their bottles. What’s the big deal about that?
Don’t be homophobic!
The funny thing is they didn't even do this. Most people actually have no idea what happened and are just blindly following the mob that it is bad. They simply sent custom beers to one LGBT kid and people lost their minds and canceled it.

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
I know when I was stationed in southern Germany, Hefeweizen was the most consumed beer. Most towns had their own brewery and it was strictly regulated by the Government as to the ingredients and process. Hefe’s are a dark beer……
Also the majority of American, and Mexican breweries were originally started by German brewmasters
I didn't know it was a regional thing until I Googled it. We lived in northern Germany for 2 years. We were NOT military and I was totally immersed in everyday society. The only time I ever saw dark beer was in the hands of children. Now I know. And yes, every town had at least one brewery. Some of the best beers I drank over there are unheard of in America. My parents had Becks delivered to their home like milk used to be. But that's a national brand. Speaking of national brands i never saw a native Dutch person drinking Heineken so always assumed they make their money through export.

Snake006

Joined Aug 7, 2007
Jan 31, 2022
I didn't know it was a regional thing until I Googled it. We lived in northern Germany for 2 years. We were NOT military and I was totally immersed in everyday society. The only time I ever saw dark beer was in the hands of children. Now I know. And yes, every town had at least one brewery. Some of the best beers I drank over there are unheard of in America. My parents had Becks delivered to their home like milk used to be. But that's a national brand. Speaking of national brands i never saw a native Dutch person drinking Heineken so always assumed they make their money through export.
Don't think the Krauts are big on any type of "lite" beers.

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
Hate to tell you but Wicked Weed is owned by Anheuser Busch. They own many of them there is a great picture with the multiple brands AB owns.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
The funny thing is they didn't even do this. Most people actually have no idea what happened and are just blindly following the mob that it is bad. They simply sent custom beers to one LGBT kid and people lost their minds and canceled it.
A-B did nothing, the Russians are behind this according to 50 former intelligence officials ;)

Bushmaster

Jan 31, 2022
I went to the Netherlands once (Amsterdam) and remember seeing a Heineken factory. I don’t remember whether it was a distillery or just distribution, but I don’t remember seeing them drinking Heineken either. Actually there’s a lot about that trip to Amsterdam that was kinda blurry 😂

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
Don't think the Krauts are big on any type of "lite" beers.
They like their beer around 40°F so they can taste it. I took some Belgium work colleagues out on a pontoon on Lake Greenwood one 4th of July. I don't drink light beer but those guys really appreciated the ice cold Miller High Life that day!

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
I went to the Netherlands once (Amsterdam) and remember seeing a Heineken factory. I don’t remember whether it was a distillery or just distribution, but I don’t remember seeing them drinking Heineken either. Actually there’s a lot about that trip to Amsterdam that was kinda blurry 😂
My wife is Dutch and she gave me an old Heineken stein that had been in their family for over 50 years, so I guess at one time they drank it.

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
They say it taste like piss water.

That's an extreme take. If anything BL has little flavor - though still very much the taste of beer. All the light beers are like that - watered down versions of an original.

And light beers all serve a purpose - getting drunk with fewer calories.

Backscrather

May 12, 2023
That's an extreme take. If anything BL has little flavor - though still very much the taste of beer. All the light beers are like that - watered down versions of an original.

It's a thing people say, Todd.

Debo77

Dec 21, 2022

liquor's quicker

athenscock3

Feb 7, 2022
You people are gonna woke yourself to death with this wokeness stuff, whatever the hell it is.

bcaldw01

Joined Jul 19, 2012
Jan 18, 2022
Haven't drank either in a long, long time. I generally stick with Yuengling, Rolling Rock, Stella Artois, Molsons and Heineken. Occasionally purchase a dark beer from England or Germany. BTW dark german or british beers are great for marinating a pork butt for a couple of days before smoking.
And if your date drinks enough of either, you are likely to get a little tail......

bcaldw01

Joined Jul 19, 2012
Jan 18, 2022
My cousin went to Amsterdam and fell in love with a young lady in the red light district......he said you wouldn't believe how beautiful the "working girls" were.

Reactions: Bushmaster

Bushmaster

Jan 31, 2022
I guess my taste buds are funky because Modelo sux to me.
I agree. I actually started drinking Yuengling light a couple years ago, now I’m having a hard time finding it with all the people looking for something other than bud light

Debo77

Dec 21, 2022
WOW....Starbucks , the wokest of them all , is removing all pride displays in every store nationwide...the BL effect is in effect

CockyCody

Mar 5, 2022
I have been drinking Yuengling Light and when I can find it, Yuengling Flight. Both are somewhat hard to find but the Flight is really difficult to find in stores.

b-flag

Joined Oct 19, 2002
Jan 21, 2022
WOW....Starbucks , the wokest of them all , is removing all pride displays in every store nationwide...the BL effect is in effect
i guess the hysteria over the cancel culture is now officially over?
what next a war on clouds?

Go Gamecocks

Jan 24, 2022
clintons socks cleared all that up, i thought
clinton had a cat named socks
why did they search sock's sock's drawer?
Of course....2 wrongs always make a right....without clinton, you don't have maga....without maga, you don't have brandon.
Enjoy the spin.

Latest posts