OT: Bud Light officially dethroned

Go Gamecocks

Jan 24, 2022
Keep living in the past century.
That is where maga belongs
Backwards
The grift is perpetual. There's another waiting in line behind maga.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
The funny thing is they didn't even do this. Most people actually have no idea what happened and are just blindly following the mob that it is bad. They simply sent custom beers to one LGBT kid and people lost their minds and canceled it.

This seems odd to me. You start by saying BL did not do this, the followed up with the fact that BL did , in fact, do it.

Reactions: Backscrather

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
The funny thing is they didn't even do this. Most people actually have no idea what happened and are just blindly following the mob that it is bad. They simply sent custom beers to one LGBT kid and people lost their minds and canceled it.
They sent the can to an INTERNET INFLUENCER! What else did they expect?

Gcock16

Joined Mar 28, 2020
Feb 1, 2022
This seems odd to me. You start by saying BL did not do this, the followed up with the fact that BL did , in fact, do it.
What are you taking about hahaha. People were acting like they were mass distributing pride beers around the country. When in reality they, in fact, sent one LGBT kid customized beers.

Gcock16

Joined Mar 28, 2020
Feb 1, 2022
It was one kid they sent beers to. Who tf cares?!?! If this is what makes you angry and vow to never drink their beer again then I think you have some deeper issues. I bet a year ago you were complaining about the woke cancel culture mob destroying society. How the roles have reversed.

Reactions: athenscock3

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
It was one kid they sent beers to. Who tf cares?!?! If this is what makes you angry and vow to never drink their beer again then I think you have some deeper issues. I bet a year ago you were complaining about the woke cancel culture mob destroying society. How the roles have reversed.
You don't know who you're talking to. I don't drink light beer and Budweiser gave me headaches so I never was an AB customer. You would lose that bet. I think you have issues but it's not my problem so not worried about it.

Reactions: Blues man

Gcock16

Joined Mar 28, 2020
Feb 1, 2022
You don't know who you're talking to. I don't drink light beer and Budweiser gave me headaches so I never was an AB customer. You would lose that bet. I think you have issues but it's not my problem so not worried about it.
Looks like we think each other have issues. Have a good one

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
What are you taking about hahaha. People were acting like they were mass distributing pride beers around the country. When in reality they, in fact, sent one LGBT kid customized beers.

I never saw complaints about nationwide distribution.

The people I saw and heard were fed up that BL partnered with the guy (he is an adult) for a promotion, involving customized beers.

I'm not sold on the response being in line with the "offense", but I think it was more of a straw that broke the camel's back kind of thing.

Reactions: Blues man

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022

The people I saw and heard were fed up that BL partnered with the guy (he is an adult) for a promotion, involving customized beers.

I'm not sold on the response being in line with the "offense", but I think it was more of a straw that broke the camel's back kind of thing.
I haven't seen anything organized. Seems people just made up their own minds.

Gcock16

Joined Mar 28, 2020
Feb 1, 2022

Oh ok maybe you haven’t thought that but there a ton of people out there that are following the mob and don’t even know what happened. I’ve had many people tell me they’re selling pride cans across the country. I don’t even have a side I just can’t help but point out the blatant hypocrisy of complaining about cancel culture then turning around and canceling numerous brands across the country.

Backscrather

May 12, 2023
Apparently a lot of people do. Why do you care what beer people drink?

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Oh ok maybe you haven’t thought that but there a ton of people out there that are following the mob and don’t even know what happened. I’ve had many people tell me they’re selling pride cans across the country. I don’t even have a side I just can’t help but point out the blatant hypocrisy of complaining about cancel culture then turning around and canceling numerous brands across the country.

I've had a very different experience e with the "protest".

I also find the irony funny. Not the false comparison of protests to cancel culture, but that in a conversation involving Mulvaney, the people's choice of beer is what supposedly signifies "deeper issues".

Gcock16

Joined Mar 28, 2020
Feb 1, 2022
I've had a very different experience e with the "protest".

I also find the irony funny. Not the false comparison of protests to cancel culture, but that in a conversation involving Mulvaney, the people's choice of beer is what supposedly signifies "deeper issues".
Not what I said. I said caring that they sent beer to a gay guy being enough to cancel it signifies deeper issues. But keep putting word in my mouth. I’m having a hard time finding the differences in this “protest” against bud light and other “protests” against brands such as chick fila and aunt jimama. What makes one an acceptable “protest” and one an unacceptable “cancel culture”. Keep trying to avoid the fact that it’s hypocritical, it’s entertaining.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Not what I said. I said caring that they sent beer to a gay guy being enough to cancel it signifies deeper issues. But keep putting word in my mouth. I’m having a hard time finding the differences in this “protest” against bud light and other “protests” against brands such as chick fila and aunt jimama. What makes one an acceptable “protest” and one an unacceptable “cancel culture”. Keep trying to avoid the fact that it’s hypocritical, it’s entertaining.

Splitting hairs to feign umbrance, imo. In this conversation, the people buying and not buying a beer brand are supposed to be the ones with issues? As opposed to Mulvaney. I find that terribly ironic.

And I'm not trying to avoid any fact. I understand that you have an opinion, I'm beginning to see you don't afford that accommodation to others.

Just for fun, I'll explain that my opinion is that there is a mountain of difference between me choosing to buy or not buy a product, and me trying to ensure you can't buy a product. I do understand that some people blur those lines because protests can be a part of cancel culture. One is a large step beyond the other though, imo.

I understand you feel differently. Might as well add me to that other poster who thinks you have your own issues, and that we should just say goodnight to each other.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque

Falcon900

Joined Feb 21, 2019
Jan 22, 2022
I do not think I have ever consumed a Bud Light beer. When a company goes woke and you do not like it you should boycott their products, store, web site, whatever they have, why is there disagreement over this, we all have the right to choose. All companies are going woke but some do a better job of hiding it from the general population than others. It is hard to hide anything these days with the internet.

My Bud boycott started in college when I discovered imported beer.

Hobcawcreekcock

Joined Dec 10, 2000 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 22, 2022
Opinions of beer, tastes, likes and dislikes lie in the hands of the ‘beer holder’. I happen to like Miller Lite as my go to beer. However, I also like Red Stripe, Heineken, Corona, really my favorite beer is tied to three factors: COLD, WITHIN REACH, and FREE. If those three things come together, I’m GOOD.

Backscrather

May 12, 2023
Since no marketing dept. can be so stupid, this is believable.
Change the company culture, cut pay and benefits due to lost sales and weed out those who get in the way.

Anheuser-Busch Whistleblower: The Destruction of Bud Light Was Intentional and 'Strategic' (westernjournal.com)
I've also thought it was like biden in the white house. We let the enemy in and they destroyed it from within. One reason IMO this lady knew what she was doing. destroying an American staple. Either that or they are really ******* stupid.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
They knew exactly what they were doing. They were trying to appease the left and were hoping to slip this through without people noticing. Otherwise they would have actually had a campaign. They just found out you cannot please everyone...and when you try, you'll get bit.

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
They knew exactly what they were doing. They were trying to appease the left and were hoping to slip this through without people noticing. Otherwise they would have actually had a campaign. They just found out you cannot please everyone...and when you try, you'll get bit.
Seems to me if they knew what they were doing they wouldn't be missing about 20 billion dollars right now.

Reactions: Prestonyte

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
Go look at the largest owners of AB stock. They’ll gladly lose $20B collectively to advance the cause.
What do the rest of the shareholders think about this? Surely the cause wouldn't be to just sell beer to the .01% would it? That would cost them a lot more than $20B.

Reactions: vacock

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
What do the rest of the shareholders think about this? Surely the cause wouldn't be to just sell beer to the .01% would it? That would cost them a lot more than $20B.
HR vs Marketing - who wins?
More and more, its HR calling the shots!

Falcon900

Joined Feb 21, 2019
Jan 22, 2022
I looked for these special trans Bud cans when this first started, I thought they might be collectable. Apparently the only made one six pack for the trans influencer. So it is a six pack that cost AB $20 Billion to make.

• Haha
Reactions: Backscrather