Now that this has taken off
Now that this has taken off, I will tell my Dave Ramsey Interview story
My wife and I had early success with his plan, although we cheated and didn't completely make every sacrifice, we made the commitment to remove consumer debt from our household and we have been able to have a nice life.
Circa 2004, while living in Starkville (back when 615dawg was trying to live in the 615 so 615's wife could finish a graduate degree at Vanderbilt), there was a very interesting job opening at the Lampo Group (his company name back then). I was qualified and I liked the idea of working for a Christian company, so I applied. They called me within minutes of me hitting the apply button and we conducted a somewhat normal phone interview/screening with an HR-type.
About a week later, I did another phone interview with the hiring manager. Now, I am one of those that researches people that I may do business with. This guy had a unique name so when I googled him, all kinds of weird crap came up. Arrests for domestic violence + volunteerism. The thing that stood out was that he had a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Pensacola Christian College. If you know anything about PCC, its an unaccredited cult-like school. ABET wouldn't even take their calls for engineering accreditation, because SACS wouldn't even accredit them. What's really weird? I work in marketing and public relations.
So the phone interview was a little strange, but I rolled with it. Sent a standard thank you follow up and the guy replied that he was "impressed with my initiative." Whatever. Another couple weeks flies by and I am in the middle of interviewing for the job that I would eventually take in Nashville, and he asks if I could come up on a Tuesday. I was going to be there that Friday and I asked if I could do it Friday and he said, no had to be Tuesday because I would need to meet with senior leadership. So I commit to going up there.
Meet at the headquarters, a standard mid-rise office building in Franklin at the time. Its a 10:00 am meeting, and the guy meets me in the lobby and says, let's grab lunch. We go to Moe's Southwest Grill. Im sitting there in full suit and tie at Moe's selling myself and the guy takes a phone call outside - 20 minutes. Comes back in and says ready to go? We head back to the office and he tells me that he had filled the job the week before, but really wanted to meet me. He thought I would fit in and was going to recommend me for another job in another area.
I casually accepted, thanked him, and never followed up when the new job contacted me. Weird experience. Eventually ended up moving to Nashville and started hearing stories like this and how DR was fake.