OT: Firearm Refinishing/Restoration

Mr. Bond

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7
0
1
Anybody here on the Pack that can recommend a top-notch gunsmith in MS/AL who specializes in firearm restoration? I have several rifles that were involved in a house fire - although it's not the flames that wreaked the most havoc, but the water used to put the fire out. Quite a bit of rust and the wood needs refinishing.

I'm in Meridian but don't mind traveling a couple of hours to get them in the hands of someone who knows what the hell he's doing.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
 

chainedup_Dawg

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
214
0
0
There's a guy that I have heard of a lot between west point and Columbus only thing is I'm not sure he still does it. But I can ask around.
 

cowbell88

All-Conference
Jan 11, 2009
3,365
1,095
113
It's a guy in Shelby (north of Cleveland) that I have heard does a good job. I took him a bolt action rifle that I had in a fire, but it had gotten to hot for any restoration.
 
Oct 29, 2009
2,704
579
113
Swann's Gun Shop in Jackson.

look him up....he reblued a couple of shotguns i inherited and refinished the stocks....the looked like they came right out of the box and they were antiques....

can't speak for the others, but he is definitely well known around jackson. Nice as can be, and not too pricy.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 16 Mississippi State hosts Alabama with a 2027 flip target, two elite QBs and other top prospects visiting
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting How strong is CB Julian McDonald’s Mississippi State commitment with LSU still pushing?
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State QB Kamario Taylor named Davey O'Brien National QB of the Week
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense