OT: Hot Pastrami recommendations?

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
It’s funny to scroll down through the topics about football and then see ,”hot pastrami recommendations.” Makes me laugh

😂 I’m stunned that this throwaway thread has survived for 3 months.

I guess that’s a true testament to the broad appeal of hot pastrami sandwiches, and the vast experience thereof & limitless expertise therein of the fantastic Trojan Family.

Mahalo to everyone for all the great hot pastrami sandwich shoppe recommendation.

Personally, I’m seriously hooked on ‘em and, when I’m away, I truly miss a great LA hot pastrami with traditional sides of deli potato salad & wedges of legit garlic dills.

Nobody offers anything even close in my neck of the woods. 😔

Jay4usc

Jan 10, 2018
The Hat and Jim's are long time , old time home runs. In Orange county Nick's in Seal Beach and Los Alamitos are very good. Togo's franchise sandwich shop has excellent pastrami's sandwiches., surprisingly .
I used to live a block away from Nicks and it is known for their breakfast burrito.

Reactions: Ragnocio

WillingToConquest

Sep 9, 2019
I made a trip to University Village and I have a hankering for a hot pastrami sandwich for lunch today.

I'm wondering if anyone has a recommendation.

If not, it's Johnnie's Pastrami on Sepulveda way out in Culver City, for me. Since I need to be in Marina Del Ray later anyway, the drive is no big deal.

Thanks anyway.
The best pastrami I've ever enjoyed is Katz Deli in New York. More locally,

WillingToConquest

Sep 9, 2019
For my money the best pastrami I've ever enjoyed is Katz Deli in New York. Locally you can't go wrong with either Langer's Deli in Westlake (I get mine on French roll not rye) or Brent's Deli in Northridge.

If you're in a hurry or not able to schlep out to Northridge or Westlake, then believe it or not Ike's Love & Sandwiches, an Oakland based chain w/ several locations in greater LA, has a pretty good Pastrami on Dutch Crunch bread! Fight on!

T20

Sep 21, 2019
Eastside Italian Deli, not sure if it was mentioned. Never had a straight pastrami from there but the DA special is ridiculously good.

BraceDoctor

Aug 24, 2017
The Hat in Glendora, on Route 66 has indoor seats...

Yeah, the original in Alhambra dont, just like the original In N Out....

Do you mean the In-N-Out in Baldwin Park? And why is it on both sides of the freeway? There was an article about the woman owner and her interesting life some time ago; I can’t remember the reference.

There used to be an Italian restaurant (Rosa’s?) in that same area north of the 210 frwy, and it featured northern Italian cuisine with great gelato.

Reactions: Pudly76

Latest posts