OT: Jackson disappearance

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
What do y’all make of this disappearance in Jackson?

Last seen in Belhaven, body found in Lawrence County.
There have been 41 murders so far this year in Jxn, so I don't know how unusual this is. I like how the article takes several shots at the Capitol Police, which is likely the best thing to happen to Jxn in a long time. I, for one, am against the state paying for the expanded Capitol Police.

Reactions: retire the banner

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Several Capital Policemen work out at my gym. They say that JPD gives no cooperation. They all have some real butts hurt over their jurisdiction being reduced.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
There were 144 homicides in 2022 so things are looking up.

Nothing would be better for the state of Mississippi than Jackson succeeding.
Yuup. Unfortunately, Baby Chuck is gonna win again in another landslide. The Capitol Police, JXN water, fairgrounds improvements, etc., have improved Jxn in spite of current leadership.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I can't imagine there are any racist rednecks out there running around Belhaven that are dumb enough to kill a guy for racist motivations in this day and age. But then again, that Anderson killing was only 13 years ago.

I know they are trying to make it a racist thing, but odds are, it's probably just a typical Jackson robbery situation. But it is odd that they find him in Lawrence County.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
There have been 41 murders so far this year in Jxn, so I don't know how unusual this is. I like how the article takes several shots at the Capitol Police, which is likely the best thing to happen to Jxn in a long time. I, for one, am against the state paying for the expanded Capitol Police.
It's typical MS. CCID is a great thing, but of course the original plan looped in Fondren for no real logistical reason. Now, the expansion has looped in Eastover. Pretty obvious what they are doing there, as there are no actual state interests in those 2 areas. If they hadn't done this, there likely isn't any issues with it.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I can't imagine there are any racist rednecks out there running around Belhaven that are dumb enough to kill a guy for racist motivations in this day and age. But then again, that Anderson killing was only 13 years ago.
There are still racists of all stripes running around, but crime is much, much more often about one thing in the end. Money.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Several Capital Policemen work out at my gym. They say that JPD gives no cooperation. They all have some real butts hurt over their jurisdiction being reduced.
I still work in downtown Jackghanistan, and for every 20 Capitol Police cars I see MAYBE one JPD cruiser. It's like they have just dropped off the face of the earth.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
2 different police groups say there is no evidence of foul play…. I kind of tend to believe that. Looks like the article is just trying to grasp at a narrative to talk about how the Capitol police is a racist institution and was created solely due to racism.

im not one to claim this often, but if the capitol police were not involved in this, that article would have never been written.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I've been following this since he disappeared because I played soccer with Dau for a few years when I lived in the area. It's been a very suspicious story from the beginning. Hope for his family that there's some type of closure to everything.
I also hope there will be some closure.

I did not know him but many friends did and were active on social media when he disappeared.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Well, his wife is white, and I think his brother has indicated he thinks she has something to do with it. So, instead of calling it a probable domestic dispute, of course the media has to grab more headlines with the "racist" angle. If a wife harms her husband, it's way more likely it's because of infidelity or money than it is "racism"... FFS.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
I also hope there will be some closure.

I did not know him but many friends did and were active on social media when he disappeared.

The family seems to be insinuating that the wife, who is white, had some involvement and that her involvement is being covered up.

Because as we all know, racist people love white women who marry black men and want to help them any way that they can. Seriously, I have no idea what happened here. But the cover up because of race idea seems to be a stretch in this case. The guy was known and well-liked by too many people, both black and white.

I used to jog that path where he was last seen. Haven't been in a year or two. A lot of good people have put in time and effort to make the Museum Trail happen.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
This article lost me once I saw the names Derrick Johnson and Benny Thompson. Grifters have to grift, I guess. Funny how they never seem to show up with all of the other homicides in Jackson. Those families hurt just as much. Kenny Stokes press conference in 3...2...1...

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
What do y’all make of this disappearance in Jackson?

Last seen in Belhaven, body found in Lawrence County.
The wife and family fighting each other over cremation in court filings is sus.

If he was murdered, it's highly unlikely that it was a spur of the moment killing over something like a robbery that led to a perfect removal of the body and evidence. It's also unlikely that he did that himself. A planned murder must be considered, and if that's the case you have to suspect the wife. If the police are investigating her (would probably start by acquiring text messages, phone records, etc), they're not gonna inform the family of the status as they shouldn't.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
The wife and family fighting each other over cremation in court filings is sus.

If he was murdered, it's highly unlikely that it was a spur of the moment killing over something like a robbery that led to a perfect removal of the body and evidence. It's also unlikely that he did that himself. A planned murder must be considered, and if that's the case you have to suspect the wife. If the police are investigating her (would probably start by acquiring text messages, phone records, etc), they're not gonna inform the family of the status as they shouldn't.

They are not fighting over cremation. The wife is and has always said she is fine with an autopsy. She only specified that it be carried out by a qualified MD or DO.

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
I am not from Jackson, but I think it is an important place for the State. I turned down a great job a few years ago because I had no desire to live there. What is the eventual solution or is there even one?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Well, his wife is white, and I think his brother has indicated he thinks she has something to do with it. So, instead of calling it a probable domestic dispute, of course the media has to grab more headlines with the "racist" angle. If a wife harms her husband, it's way more likely it's because of infidelity or money than it is "racism"... FFS.
Seems like it would be pretty hard to be racist enough to kill, but not so racist that you marry someone of a different race. I suppose anything is possible, but it sure doesn't seem probable.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
They are not fighting over cremation. The wife is and has always said she is fine with an autopsy. She only specified that it be carried out by a qualified MD or DO.
And that's odd, as well as stating to wait until the investigation is concluded.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Seems like it would be pretty hard to be racist enough to kill, but not so racist that you marry someone of a different race. I suppose anything is possible, but it sure doesn't seem probable.
Would be more likely she wanted him dead (affairs?), and knew people racist enough to have no problem doing it. Or people that had other motivation to have no problem with it (drugs, poon).

patdog

May 28, 2007
There's a few former Rankin Sheriff Deputies that I bet would have done it for the right price.

• Sad
Reactions: horshack.sixpack

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
IF foul play was involved it was probably as a result of a robbery gone bad, so far however evidence does not support foul play but that could change as the investigation continues.

I understand the criticism of the city of Jackson and its' government. They are inept and incompetent and have generally earned the criticism. Not everything that is wrong with Jackson is the fault of the present regime, some of this stuff has been building up for decades but a good portion of it is.

One month ago 6 Rankin Co. sheriff officers pleaded guilty to various charges involving abuse by them to suspected criminals and apparently had been doing this for some time yet the sheriff of Rankin Co. was/is oblivious to these malfeasances. Rankin's Goon Squad got away with years of brutality - Mississippi Today Just a few weeks ago a Pearl PD officer was charged with forcing an inmate to lick his own urine off the floor. Neither of these incidents generated the type of discussion on here that some sort of malfeasance in Jackson does. Criminals are going to do what criminals do and when caught they should pay the price. When law enforcement lowers themselves to that level they need to be replaced and imprisoned as well.

Racism is still alive and well in Mississippi. I make this statement as a 60 something year old white male who walks among you and hears the things some of you will say after you furtively glance around and make sure there are no people of color to hear you. Things are better than they were in the 60's and before but we still have a ways to go. The two above incidents painfully illustrate this obvious point.

Now go ahead and get pissed off, I don't care.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I am not from Jackson, but I think it is an important place for the State. I turned down a great job a few years ago because I had no desire to live there. What is the eventual solution or is there even one?
Not being a wiseasss, but there's a thread on this very topic every month or so in the archives.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
And that's odd, as well as stating to wait until the investigation is concluded.
You may not be familiar with Mississippi’s history when it comes to awful medical examiners:

Reactions: Faustdog and patdog
Jan 4, 2024
Only 41!!! Way to go Jackson!
He the
IF foul play was involved it was probably as a result of a robbery gone bad, so far however evidence does not support foul play but that could change as the investigation continues.

I understand the criticism of the city of Jackson and its' government. They are inept and incompetent and have generally earned the criticism. Not everything that is wrong with Jackson is the fault of the present regime, some of this stuff has been building up for decades but a good portion of it is.

One month ago 6 Rankin Co. sheriff officers pleaded guilty to various charges involving abuse by them to suspected criminals and apparently had been doing this for some time yet the sheriff of Rankin Co. was/is oblivious to these malfeasances. Rankin's Goon Squad got away with years of brutality - Mississippi Today Just a few weeks ago a Pearl PD officer was charged with forcing an inmate to lick his own urine off the floor. Neither of these incidents generated the type of discussion on here that some sort of malfeasance in Jackson does. Criminals are going to do what criminals do and when caught they should pay the price. When law enforcement lowers themselves to that level they need to be replaced and imprisoned as well.

Racism is still alive and well in Mississippi. I make this statement as a 60 something year old white male who walks among you and hears the things some of you will say after you furtively glance around and make sure there are no people of color to hear you. Things are better than they were in the 60's and before but we still have a ways to go. The two above incidents painfully illustrate this obvious point.

Now go ahead and get pissed off, I don't care.
Not pissed off just not understanding. What type of racist things are going on these days? Are Civil Rights Laws being violated? I DO get the police abuse though and I hate that.

Last edited:

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Under current leadership (the current mayor will get reelected next year) there's no reason to expect any solutions soon. The few good things happening in Jxn, the CCID and JXN Water, are funded by state/federal dollars and no one from city government has much involvement. Although these are about the only two things that are benefiting Jxn, the city government (and allies) are constantly attacking them and filing legal actions, etc. The two bright spots, Belhaven and Fondren, developed organically and many of these neighborhood have employed their own private security for decades.

For work in daylight hours, DT Jxn is safe and you can easily live safe and comfortably in Madison/Brandon/Flowood and only have a 30ish minute commute. I've worked DT going on 30 years, DT is shell of what it was in 90s. Unfortunately, too many professional firms have left for DT to ever recover.

Last edited:

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
volcano GIF

patdog

May 28, 2007
Under current leadership (the current mayor will get reelected next year) there's no reason to expect any solutions soon. The few good things happening in Jxn, the CCID and JXN Water, are funded by state/federal dollars and no one from city government has much involvement. Although these are about the only two things that are benefiting Jxn, the city government (and allies) are constantly attacking them and filing legal actions, etc. The two bright spots, Belhaven and Fondren, developed organically and many of these neighborhood have employed their own private security for decades.

For work in daylight hours, DT Jxn is safe and you can easily live safe and comfortably in Madison/Brandon/Flowood and only have a 30ish minute commute. I've worked DT going on 30 years, DT is shell of what it was in 90s. Unfortunately, too many professional firms have left for DT to ever recover.
Just found out today that only 3 of 12 floors of my former work building are currently occupied. They're just now getting around to painting after flood damage from pipes bursting during an ice storm 4 years ago. And this would be a beautiful 100-year-old building if it was maintained properly.

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
It's typical MS. CCID is a great thing, but of course the original plan looped in Fondren for no real logistical reason. Now, the expansion has looped in Eastover. Pretty obvious what they are doing there, as there are no actual state interests in those 2 areas. If they hadn't done this, there likely isn't any issues with it.
MDWF is in Eastover

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
There’s a chance that the world may become a better place if the Jackson dome tuned into an active volcano.