OT: Name a random good movie & where it's streaming

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
If you liked the matrix, watch dark city. I can’t find it streaming for free anywhere, but it is worth 4 bucks for a rent. Very obvious that the Wachowski brothers saw dark city prior to making the matrix.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm not sure. I was just looking for something to watch one day and found this. I thought it was really well done. I always like comedians in serious roles.

Carrell is a comedic actor. Not really a comedian.

Sorry to be THAT guy...

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I just can't do Holocaust films/tv, of course acknowledging their importance as art. I watched about 5 minutes of Zone of Interest and had to drop it. Same with Schindler's List - I just tell people I've seen it.

I guess I'm just a glutton, but I watch way more Holocaust content than most.

It is incredible, chilling and instructive to remind yourself how far humans are capable of straying from basic humanity.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022

It is incredible, chilling and instructive to remind yourself how far humans are capable of straying from basic humanity.
If you haven't seen it, check out Come and See on YouTube

Reactions: She Mate Me

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022

I'm not particularly a fan of Holocaust movies, because I am usually looking to be entertained when I have a chance to chill. I get enough negative/sad/tragic stuff in real life (and the news) so it's my escape. But occasionally one will sneak up on me. I went to see 'Life is Beautiful' in the theaters, completely unaware of what it was about. It looked like a love story and some goofball Italian clown having crazy adventures... which it was.

It was one of the best movies I've ever seen, but man it was heart wrenching. I've gone back and watched it a couple of times since then - with many years gaps in between - and it still gets me every time. Highly recommend, especially if you like that subject matter.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm not particularly a fan of Holocaust movies, because I am usually looking to be entertained when I have a chance to chill. I get enough negative/sad/tragic stuff in real life (and the news) so it's my escape. But occasionally one will sneak up on me. I went to see 'Life is Beautiful' in the theaters, completely unaware of what it was about. It looked like a love story and some goofball Italian clown having crazy adventures... which it was.

It was one of the best movies I've ever seen, but man it was heart wrenching. I've gone back and watched it a couple of times since then - with many years gaps in between - and it still gets me every time. Highly recommend, especially if you like that subject matter.

I need to watch that one. I remember it from it's success at the Oscars, and that probably is why I haven't made an effort to see it. The **** they like is usually so political that I'm not interested.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I need to watch that one. I remember it from it's success at the Oscars, and that probably is why I haven't made an effort to see it. The **** they like is usually so political that I'm not interested.
I'm with you, but not this one... Maybe it came out before the current environment, or maybe the novelty of it being a foreign-language film was enough for the weirdos to vote for it. It is subtitled, so get ready to read, but I guarantee you won't care. You should watch it.

Reactions: She Mate Me