OT: not to be outdone

92Pony

Joined Jan 18, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
say what chris rock GIF

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
That reminds me of Georgia Rep. Hank Johnson a few years back asking an Admiral if the island would tip over and capsize.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
For more context, she was speaking to a group of high school science students.

She further referred to the total eclipse as “which means that’s why they will shut the light down.” That is a more remedial understanding of eclipses than my seven-year-old daughter has.

And then the icing on the cake: she called the moon a planet.

I feel I must point out again, she went to Yale. Yale. That tells you what you need to know about those coveted Ivy League degrees.

And, oh, I almost forgot. She later tried to clarify her remarks and say that she was obviously referring to the sun as gas and not moon, which means she was suggesting we could live on the sun.

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022

She further referred to the total eclipse as “which means that’s why they will shut the light down.” That is a more remedial understanding of eclipses than my seven-year-old daughter has.

I feel I must point out again, she went to Yale. Yale. That tells you what you need to know about those coveted Ivy League degrees.

And, oh, I almost forgot. She later tried to clarify her remarks and say that she was obviously referring to the sun as gas and not moon, which means she was suggesting we could live on the sun.
Proof some folks shouldn't be anywhere near a school when class is in session

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Boy, I don’t mean to be beat a dead horse, but in her tweet about this presentation, she boasted that she had previously been a ranking member of the Space and Aeronautics committee.

She was on the Space and Aeronautics committee and apparently believes that the moon is a smaller, cooler type of sun that we could potentially inhabit.

Carolina Doc

Joined Aug 16, 2019
Jan 25, 2022

I don't believe those things were taught in class at Yale.

Hobcawcreekcock

Joined Dec 10, 2000 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 22, 2022
Wonder why Jack 💩 gets done in Washington when you have MORONS like this in Congress? There’s idiots on both sides of the aisle before anyone makes accusations.

As another poster stated, these people have enough supporters to be re-elected every 2-6 years!! I assume these ‘supporters’ don’t follow along much, and just select due to an R or D that’s next to their party’s candidate???

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
Because the size of our one moon relative to the earth is large some astronomers consider the earth-moon system to be a double planet.

Latest posts