OT- online degree?

o_tacodawg

Redshirt
Jan 2, 2020
957
47
28
I dropped out of community college and went to work when I found out my ex was pregnant. I’ve always wanted to go back and get my degree but there’s no way I could fit in person schooling into my schedule.

Anyone got an online degree? Looking into this right now https://online.msstate.edu/bsindt/
 

Trojanbulldog19

All-American
Aug 25, 2014
10,134
5,914
113
My masters was mostly online. It’s easier than ever to do degrees online now and more accepted. It’s really nice when you arent a traditional age student and work full time.
 

Crazy Cotton

All-Conference
Aug 26, 2012
3,922
1,742
113
Lot's of public colleges offer degrees partially or completely online now, particularly aimed at you as an adult student wanting to finish a degree. You're usually getting the same degree you would if you were sitting in the classroom, and unless someone asks, they wouldn't know from the transcript. Avoid for-profit diploma mills like the plague. They were pretty much shut down about a decade ago, but have made a comeback the last few years.
 

greenbean.sixpack

All-American
Oct 6, 2012
9,406
8,835
113
Just get one from the University of Phoenix, just send 'em money, they send you a degree. Really, you ain't gonna to learn much from from college anyway, you just need to credentials.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,177
5,721
113
I dropped out of community college and went to work when I found out my ex was pregnant. I’ve always wanted to go back and get my degree but there’s no way I could fit in person schooling into my schedule.

Anyone got an online degree? Looking into this right now https://online.msstate.edu/bsindt/
Lot of places require a bachelors even when it doesn’t make sense, so probably worth it if you are in a career path where that will be an issue, or if you’re not on a career path and want to get on one that is not very skilled focus like IT or trades.

Don’t do it from somewhere recognizable as an online school.

Don’t bother for a master or whatever else unless you have a specific employer or industry that pays for credentials regardless of prestige.
 

o_tacodawg

Redshirt
Jan 2, 2020
957
47
28
I’ve been in the shipbuilding industry for 6 years now. I make damn good money but I’d rather study while I work so I could one day get off my tools and in the offices.
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,884
6,690
113
I dropped out of community college and went to work when I found out my ex was pregnant. I’ve always wanted to go back and get my degree but there’s no way I could fit in person schooling into my schedule.

Anyone got an online degree? Looking into this right now https://online.msstate.edu/bsindt/

One of mine is online from MSU. It was convenient and a good experience overall.
I did it in 2013-2014 I think. I should know that, probably.

Anyways, at the time some tests had to be taken at a library or community college- somewhere with an impartial proctor. The library was easiest because they signed a form, pointed to a computer, and left me alone to test. The classes were legitimate in that they were both interesting and challenging.

The online degree was cheaper than in person and I learned more/did better than in person. I chalk the second part up to me being a better student a decade later. Maturity n whatnot.
 

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
I applied for admission. Gonna give it a go

Way to go. Stick with it. It will be boring and frustrating at times, but it's the ante to get in the big poker game these days. Once in the game, all bets are off, but that frontline experience with the degree will be a big advantage over anyone that only has one or the other.
 

Maroonthirteen

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
1,975
0
0
Not sure where you live.......but if you live anywhere near memphis. THey have a lot of night classes. They have a large "commuter" student body and offer classes at all hours of the day.

Maybe there is another commuter school near you that offers the same.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Zakari Tillman Out vs. Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?