OT: Peanuts

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
There’s not a good southbound stop.

Now, northbound out of Hattiesburg is a different story— but I’d never choose peanuts simply because I’m the one driving.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I might could wait that long. Where it at?
The address is Seminary but it’s maybe a mile or so north of the intersection with Mississippi 42 (so a few miles south).

They do very well with catering.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I thought thus might be a thread about
Charlie Brown Football GIF

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Heading south on 49 there was a Dollar Tree south of E. Harper off of 49 in Richland. It should be on your left in the Richland Town Center.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Good thing your but is hermetically sealed to a five gallon bucket.***
If you just lift a cheek a little and release a little pressure you can savor a good azz ripper for an extended period.

Reactions: Fritz!

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Donna’s #6 just north of Star has boiled peanuts.
That’s been a place I’ve wanted to visit but with the traffic heading south on 49 on weekends, I never have felt comfortable enough stopping there.

It seems like 49 traffic doesn’t lighten up until you get past Piney Woods School.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
That’s been a place I’ve wanted to visit but with the traffic heading south on 49 on weekends, I never have felt comfortable enough stopping there.

It seems like 49 traffic doesn’t lighten up until you get past Piney Woods School.
When my in laws lived around Hattiesburg that was always our bathroom stop. They have alot of stuff in there.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Also, I'd be shocked if Donna's #6 doesn't sell peanuts. Get yourself some ice cream while you're there anyway.

Reactions: dorndawg

Dawg Hammer 87

May 6, 2024
Donna's #6 is the only place i will buy mine! They cook 30-50 gallon pots daily and have it down to a science.Worth a stop any day and my wife loves everything there! the ice cream is made in the shop by the owners and is delicious. Blueberry swirl my favorite!

Reactions: Darryl Steight

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I think I knew at one time, but cannot recall: why is it called Donna's #6?

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I think I knew at one time, but cannot recall: why is it called Donna's #6?
Legends and folklore tell the story of great great great grandmother D, and that one day when she laid a log so long it curled up into the shape of a 6. There's a bronze monument in the shape of an outhouse that still sits out back behind the site of the current store.

Reactions: dorndawg

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Donna’s #6 just north of Star has boiled peanuts.
Although I live in Virginia, I have traveled 49S several times over the years on my way to visit family in Clem.

Next time I'm on that road, I'm pulling in at Donna's #6 to check it out and spend some money.

Side notes: Faith Hill grew up in Star. She and I went to the same elementary school and junior high school, until my family moved to a different town in MS. Years later, my aunt was the resident manager in Faith's dorm at Hinds JC in Raymond. Faith talked to my aunt about quitting school and moving to Nashville. My aunt told her to go for it . . . you're young only once.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Although I live in Virginia, I have traveled 49S several times over the years on my way to visit family in Clem.

Next time I'm on that road, I'm pulling in at Donna's #6 to check it out and spend some money.

Side notes: Faith Hill grew up in Star. She and I went to the same elementary school and junior high school, until my family moved to a different town in MS. Years later, my aunt was the resident manager in Faith's dorm at Hinds JC in Raymond. Faith talked to my aunt about quitting school and moving to Nashville. My aunt told her to go for it . . . you're young only once.
I had a coach/teacher in high school that was in the same class with Faith.