• Out of State, with a 5-10 hours from Starkville

Votes: 28 16.0%
  • Out of State, with a 10+ hour drive to Starkville

Votes: 16 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Good poll. I'll like to see an anonymous point map done for locations to show areas around the us and abroad that post here
I'll let somebody else do that. I can't even get my damn grammar correct on a simple poll like this.

I have a feeling we are going to have a lot of out of staters compared to our actual alumni distribution. SPS is the virtual water cooler for a lot of us to talk about Mississippi State.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I'm surrounded by coon *** lsu fans that like to shoot off fireworks every time they score. There are a few bulldogs around though. Not many at work though to discuss bulldog sports with

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I
I'll let somebody else do that. I can't even get my damn grammar correct on a simple poll like this.

I have a feeling we are going to have a lot of out of staters compared to our actual alumni distribution. SPS is the virtual water cooler for a lot of us to talk about Mississippi State.
I could set it up if people would pop a point on a map or give a town name for me to put it on there for them. Some people don't want people to know what town they live in though. I could see why. The internet is nuts

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
We have done this before I am sure, but I am curious how many SPS regulars are in MS vs other locations. Thought the poll would help visualize the results.
Lets just say, when the wind is blowing right and the traffic is light, I can hear the band practicing.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
That would actually be cool to see.
I'll see if I can set it up. Only problems is paying for the storage space of the data you might intake on a public app that is consuming volunteered data. Link gets passed around or picked up by a bot that could kill it and stack up too much too fast. Might be easier to map address output from alumni association and create heat map where alumni are. I'll look into the sixpack user map just see map of our posters anonymously and where they are from.

Last edited:

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Well I will eat crow. I figured there would be more out of state representation. So far it looks spot on with our actual alumni distribution. 55.7% of Mississippi State alumni with known addresses are in the state of Mississippi. Spot on with the poll.

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 12.21.05 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 12.31.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 12.31.58 PM.png
    123.9 KB · Views: 7

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I wonder if Illinois has an ISP based out of there and that's how Google determines their location.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011

I'm surprised that over half still live in Mississippi.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I was lying about making the report. I'm using Google Analytics. But everyone in Illinois is based out of Chicago which makes me think it's ISP related. I'm sure google is smarter than using IP addresses.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19