OT Tell me about your used pickup truck

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
Many (if not most) pickups are never really used as pickups. If all you do with one is tow a boat or a camper once in awhile, a full-size SUV is a hell of a lot more useful than a pickup.

Reactions: Bison13

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
I have never personally owned a truck but I have 2 things about trucks that I can add to this thread.

First, back in the late 90s I worked for a company that made truck frames for Ford and Chevy. Ford was meticulous and demanded perfection while Chevy had no problem taking everything they got, no matter the flaw. That always stuck with me.

Each winter I truck-sit for family while they live in PR. The truck is a Honda Ridgeline and I gotta say it's a beauty. It drives like a car and gets good gas mileage for a truck.

Reactions: laKavosiey-st lion

Mstan85

Nov 29, 2022
The perfect Country Song.

Back when Country was Country

Lion Surplus (Penn State's surplus store on campus for those who are not familiar with it) has a number of pickups open for bid. The link below takes you to the listing, with descriptions and pictures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bison13

PSU_Lions_84

Jul 2, 2022
I have never personally owned a truck but I have 2 things about trucks that I can add to this thread.

First, back in the late 90s I worked for a company that made truck frames for Ford and Chevy. Ford was meticulous and demanded perfection while Chevy had no problem taking everything they got, no matter the flaw. That always stuck with me.

Each winter I truck-sit for family while they live in PR. The truck is a Honda Ridgeline and I gotta say it's a beauty. It drives like a car and gets good gas mileage for a truck.

Most RV manufacturers prefer the various Ford products as platforms for their products. Have watched quite a few RV reviews and while they don't overtly trash the Chevy's they extol the virtues of the F250/350/450 items.

Reactions: LionsAndBears