OT: TMB TV/Streaming Shows Club: Thread for streaming/TV show discussion…

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Figure we need a place for general movie/TV talk. Let’s use this this thread for stuff we’re watching, recommending, want to watch, new trailers, etc.

I’ll start - The Mandalorian spin off ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ looks pretty cool…

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021
The Walking Dead - I'm so far into it I might as well see the final episodes, but it's really gone downhill.

Fear the Walking Dead - it kept my attention until they set off the nukes. Now it just seems like it's going for some stylistic choice that I find absurd even by Walking Dead standards, so I just cancelled that series.

Walking Dead World Beyond - In its 2nd and final season so I'll see it through to the end. The characters suck, but the CRM is mildly interesting in relation to the original series.

Better Call Saul cannot get here soon enough.

Reactions: Midnighter

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
great idea. are you combining TV series with TV movies, and "regular" movies? If so, I'd advocate for a separate thread on TV series.

Thorndike2021

Oct 12, 2021
Yellowstone is back next Sunday night. The trailers look intense.

I'm ready for TWD to end. I am watching it, but it seems more like a requirement than something to look forward to.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
great idea. are you combining TV series with TV movies, and "regular" movies? If so, I'd advocate for a separate thread on TV series.

Was going for ‘catch all’, but would make finding discussions easier to separate. I’ll fix.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
The Walking Dead - I'm so far into it I might as well see the final episodes, but it's really gone downhill.

Fear the Walking Dead - it kept my attention until they set off the nukes. Now it just seems like it's going for some stylistic choice that I find absurd even by Walking Dead standards, so I just cancelled that series.

Walking Dead World Beyond - In its 2nd and final season so I'll see it through to the end. The characters suck, but the CRM is mildly interesting in relation to the original series.

Better Call Saul cannot get here soon enough.

I LOVED S1 of TWD - then S2 hit and the budget shrank and I lost interest. It’s really a remarkable success story though.
I’m way behind on BCS but want to get back into it. Great show; potentially better than BB.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Murders in the building on Hulu with Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez was a fun binge watch. Agree on What we do in the Shadows. Funniest show on tv.

We started Murders on Hulu - Martin and Short are always great together and Gomez is fine. Lots of potential for sequels too (noting I haven’t finished this season but the idea is cool - wannabe detectives get wrapped up in murder podcasts, etc).

Reactions: DCLion11

DCLion11

Oct 14, 2021
We started Murders on Hulu - Martin and Short are always great together and Gomez is fine. Lots of potential for sequels too (noting I haven’t finished this season but the idea is cool - wannabe detectives get wrapped up in murder podcasts, etc).
Easy watch and Agree that Martin and Short shine.

Adding Succession season 3 which I need to catch up on. Also will try out Wheel of Time on prime when it comes out. Never ready any of those books though so will be interesting what world building they do.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Just started binging Arrested Development yesterday. Love it so far.

Oh man. One of the original 'cancelled way too soon' shows. So good and such strong, tight writing. Appearances by Heather Graham and Charlize Theron don't hurt either...

I Dont Understand Arrested Development GIF

Reactions: bbrown and Got GSPs

WillyMO

Oct 28, 2021
I'm not sure how I missed Black Sails when it started but we've flown through the first three seasons on Hulu. It's a really fun watch with great characters. Lots of boobies for those who love boobies.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Everyone digging Succession so far this year? Honestly, Greg and Tom are my absolute favorites. They continue to impress. Tom's monologue about prison toilet wine was tremendous, as was Greg's concern that 'goons, thugs, and rough-jacks' were going to 'administer' him a beating if he went to meet with Logan; despite some concerns over 'recycled' storylines, still the best show on TV IMO.

LafayetteBear

Oct 12, 2021
Yellowstone is back next Sunday night. The trailers look intense.

I'm ready for TWD to end. I am watching it, but it seems more like a requirement than something to look forward to.
How do you watch the previous seasons? Went onto Netflix the other night and all I could find was seasons 3 and 4 (which is, I believe, the current season). Could not find any links to Season 1 or Season 2.

ClarkstonMark

Oct 12, 2021
How do you watch the previous seasons? Went onto Netflix the other night and all I could find was seasons 3 and 4 (which is, I believe, the current season). Could not find any links to Season 1 or Season 2.
Peacock ... which is free if you have Xfinity(Comcast)

WillyMO

Oct 28, 2021
Amazon's Wheel of Time streams Friday. It's received favourable reviews including a 65 on Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Anyone check out Get Back yet?
I liked it but much like the White Album needed a stronger editing hand.
Visual and sound quality was excellent.
One thing I was surprised at was that they were working on All Things Must Pass, Gimme Some Truth and Isn't it a Pity during those sessions.
But overall if your a Beatles fan I think you will enjoy it.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Anyone watching Marvel's 'Hawkeye' on Disney+? It's not as fast moving or big in scale as the previous MCU efforts on D+ (WandaVision, Loki, Falcon & Winter Soldier), but it's pretty good and Hailee Steinfeld is a nice addition as Kate Bishop. I do feel like this show would benefit from being binged in a weekend though; it's very 'small ball' compared to where we left off with Loki. Still, fun to watch.

Also, re-watching 'Deadwood' and I can't believe I forgot Bryan Cox is in S3 as a traveling thespian. After watching him on three seasons of Succession you kind of believe he's Logan Roy; you see glimpses of it from his performance as John 'Jack' Langrishe in Deadwood, but man, he and Ian McShane (and Gerald McRaney) just chew up scenes together. If ever there was a show I felt shortchanged by, it's Deadwood. The ending was so abrupt and unsatisfying and the movie was nice, but not the same.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Any thoughts on Succession season finale? Don't want to post spoilers but what did everyone think? The show is an expert at 're-setting' the chess pieces every year and this is no different, but the moves are getting more intense. Will be interesting to see where they go from here....and now we know the deeper meaning of this S3 poster....

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Anyone check out Get Back yet?
I liked it but much like the White Album needed a stronger editing hand.
Visual and sound quality was excellent.
One thing I was surprised at was that they were working on All Things Must Pass, Gimme Some Truth and Isn't it a Pity during those sessions.
But overall if your a Beatles fan I think you will enjoy it.
As someone who writes and records music (and loves the Beatles), I thought it was fantastic. It's really cool to see the song writing process unfold. It's amazing to me that they could record it live essentially. I couldn't imagine producing a recording without overdubbing many edits.

I can see where the endless banter would be boring for a lot of people, but most was very interesting to me. I feel for George Martin and Glyn Johns for having to put up with them in the studio. Not a surprise that George Harrison had worked a bunch of his solo songs up when in the Beatles. He was clearly stifled in the group.

PS. In case people don't know, Let it Be (featured in this session) was their last album, but this recording actually took place before Abbey Road. That is why you hear them messing with a bunch of Abbey Road songs.

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
I just poped my cherry on Ozarks. Fantastic first episode. Please no spoilers!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
We just watched, over a three-week period, all the seasons of Madam Secretary. (I think there were 6.) The first 3/4 seasons were excellent. After that, it had some interesting episodes, but it got a little too melodramatic. Or perhaps watching 120 episodes in 21-day period was too much in too short a time.

Téa Leoni was quite easy on the eyes as the Secretary of State.

Tea Leoni, leoni, actress, tea, blue, HD wallpaper

15+} Hot Téa Leoni Bikini & Hot Pics (Sexy Cleavage & Swimsuit Pictures)

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
This looks like it will be very good...

Full disclosure I didn't hate the Tom Cruise versions.🤷‍♂️

Didn't know this was coming. First Tom movie was excellent. Pace, styling, story. I even think Tom pulls the larger than life off really well (like the "I'm gonna break 3 drunk kids hands" part here).

The second felt too Hollywood cliché. Never read the books, but the second movie felt like a rehashed script that they slapped Jack Reacher title on.

Definitely looking forward to this.

Reactions: Classof09

Latest posts