OT: TMB TV/Streaming Shows Club: Thread for streaming/TV show discussion…

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Not to get ahead of myself but for various reasons I believe that Kim’s downfall will be related to Howard, not the cartel.
Yea I'm worried about Kim. Also Nacho, I like him and I think he's in world of trouble.

Reactions: Quint526

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Not to get ahead of myself but for various reasons I believe that Kim’s downfall will be related to Howard, not the cartel.
I'm sticking by my previous prediction that Kim is present during the Breaking Bad period of Saul. Possibly even pulling some strings in the background.
If the final BCS season doesn't overlap with BB a bit, I'll be disappointed. Would love to see some BB scenes from Saul's perspective and would love to see a cameo by WW.

Manofsteel200

Oct 27, 2021
If you are looking for something stupid funny, New Girl on Netflix is really good. Get through the first three episodes and don’t focus on Zooey, after that…I burst out laughing at least once per episode.

Reactions: Midnighter

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
If you are looking for something stupid funny, New Girl on Netflix is really good. Get through the first three episodes and don’t focus on Zooey, after that…I burst out laughing at least once per episode.

I watched when it was on regular TV - Nick’s attempt to drink like Hemingway to improve his writing is one of the best episodes in TV history.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
I watched when it was on regular TV - Nick’s attempt to drink like Hemingway to improve his writing is one of the best episodes in TV history.
Have you or anyone seen The Woman Across the Street from the Girl in the Window.? (phewww thats like Several Species of Small Furried Animals Gathere d Together in a Cave Grooving to the Sound of a Pick).

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
Have you or anyone seen The Woman Across the Street from the Girl in the Window.? (phewww thats like Several Species of Small Furried Animals Gathere d Together in a Cave Grooving to the Sound of a Pick).
Watched it. Meh

NittanyBuff

Oct 30, 2021
"Reacher" on Prime very good so far, takes a minute to get use to the fact it's not Cruise playing Reacher.

Reactions: bbrown

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
"Reacher" on Prime very good so far, takes a minute to get use to the fact it's not Cruise playing Reacher.
I liked it but in full disclosure I thought Cruise was good as well (outside of him not looking anything like the character).
It must have done well since they renewed for season 2.

ClarkstonMark

Oct 12, 2021
I liked it but in full disclosure I thought Cruise was good as well (outside of him not looking anything like the character).
It must have done well since they renewed for season 2.
I have one episode left to watch. Don't love the new guy but he's better then Cruise. Looks the part, but I don't love his dialogue
When reading the books, I always pictured Reacher as Denzel.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Raised by Wolves on HBO Max for those looking for something different. Season two's getting great reviews.

This has me really intrigued; it looks fantastic and you can tell HBO has invested a lot into it. Gonna give it a shot...

Quint526

Oct 29, 2021
I have one episode left to watch. Don't love the new guy but he's better then Cruise. Looks the part, but I don't love his dialogue
When reading the books, I always pictured Reacher as Denzel.
I haven’t read the books or watched the Cruise version, so I didn’t have any benchmarks. It was light, but I liked it. I also thought that the lead actors worked well together.

WillyMO

Oct 28, 2021
This has me really intrigued; it looks fantastic and you can tell HBO has invested a lot into it. Gonna give it a shot...
It's really a fantastic show. They don't spoon feed you so it takes some time before you know what's going on. I was still full of questions after season one ended. Great cast and acting throughout.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
We started the fourth season of Mrs. Maisel and the first seasons of Yellowstone and the French spy show ‘The Bureau’ this weekend. All very good (was surprised and how much I liked Yellowstone - it has a big, impressive cast and they don’t focus on Costner which I like). But, The Bureau is excellent - sort of like French Homeland with less jazz and nervous breakdowns (and multiple storylines happening at once). Highly recommend all three (The Bureau is on AMC+ or you can buy on Amazon or Apple).

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
We started the fourth season of Mrs. Maisel and the first seasons of Yellowstone and the French spy show ‘The Bureau’ this weekend. All very good (was surprised and how much I liked Yellowstone - it has a big, impressive cast and they don’t focus on Costner which I like). But, The Bureau is excellent - sort of like French Homeland with less jazz and nervous breakdowns (and multiple storylines happening at once). Highly recommend all three (The Bureau is on AMC+ or you can buy on Amazon or Apple).
Anyone watching SweetTooth on Netflix?
I'm about half way through it and think its pretty good.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Went from almost nothing to watcht to 'cup runneth over' the past couple months; behind on pretty much everything right now - Killing Eve, Mrs. Maisel, Top Chef, Guilded Age - but, mostly becuase we've been trying to muscle through five seasons of 'The Bureau' which is quite simply one of the best spy shows I've ever seen. It's amazing.

Sara Gireaudeau as Phénomène in The Bureau....

I'm also stoked to start HBO Max's 'Tokyo Vice' which has some Michael Mann involvement (directs the first episode) and is based on a true story about a foreign reporter infiltrating Tokyo's Yakuza underground. Fargo fave Rachel Keller joins Ansel Elgort and Ken Watanabe; first three episodes are streaming now.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Went from almost nothing to watcht to 'cup runneth over' the past couple months; behind on pretty much everything right now - Killing Eve, Mrs. Maisel, Top Chef, Guilded Age - but, mostly becuase we've been trying to muscle through five seasons of 'The Bureau' which is quite simply one of the best spy shows I've ever seen. It's amazing.

Sara Gireaudeau as Phénomène in The Bureau....

I'm also stoked to start HBO Max's 'Tokyo Vice' which has some Michael Mann involvement (directs the first episode) and is based on a true story about a foreign reporter infiltrating Tokyo's Yakuza underground. Fargo fave Rachel Keller joins Ansel Elgort and Ken Watanabe; first three episodes are streaming now.

That sounds interesting...
Meanwhile I'm really liking Winning Time. The guy playing Magic is very good.
John C Reilly is just killing it as Jerry Bus
but boy do they make Paul Westhead and Pat Riley look like dorks. LOL.

Last edited:

WillyMO

Oct 28, 2021
It's a fun show for sure. No way Jerry West was that big of a d*ck though.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Started 'Tokyo Vice' on HBO Max last night; I'm not a big fan of Ansel Elgort (especially with all the sh*t going on with him and his hitting up young girls) but he's fine and the show is very much about the Tokyo crime underworld (complete with tatted Yakuza, ritual killings, drinky girls, bad karaoke, etc.). More fascinating IMO is that Jake Edelstein, the guy who wrote the book (and lived the life) the show is based off of, was the first ever foreigner to work at Japan's most prestigious newspaper. Amazing accomplishment. Curious to see where it goes...

Reactions: rudedude

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Anyone watching the new Wonder Years? I like it. Last night, I thought, they made an excellent tie in with the original series.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Started 'Tokyo Vice' on HBO Max last night; I'm not a big fan of Ansel Elgort (especially with all the sh*t going on with him and his hitting up young girls) but he's fine and the show is very much about the Tokyo crime underworld (complete with tatted Yakuza, ritual killings, drinky girls, bad karaoke, etc.). More fascinating IMO is that Jake Edelstein, the guy who wrote the book (and lived the life) the show is based off of, was the first ever foreigner to work at Japan's most prestigious newspaper. Amazing accomplishment. Curious to see where it goes...
Very interesting show

NittanyBuff

Oct 30, 2021
They make West look like a nut job as well, has to be a reason, can't just be making this s**t up out of thin air. Love it so far, that was my team growing up, love seeing how it was put together.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I finished the 2nd season of Bridgerton. If you enjoyed season 1, you would probably like season 2.

NittanyBuff

Oct 30, 2021
I guess I missed all of that, at the time though, he was still the HC, and as HC they seem to get their *** kissed.
He still looks bad in this thing, trying to hire a new coach behind Westheads back, etc.. just not a great look for a guy that would go on to be the greatest or one of GM's of all time. Damn good show though for sure, heard a second season has been picked up.

Reactions: s1uggo72 and bbrown

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I would tent to agree with you Tom. It seemed a whole different vibe. We still enjoyed but not as much.

A much different vibe. Season 1's main focus was on the evolving relationship between Daphne Bridgerton and the Duke of Hastings, and their eventual marriage. However, it also served to establish the ensemble, and the personalities and interests of the various characters. Season 2 included occasional appearances by Daphne, the Duchess of Hastings, but its main focus was on the Duchess's older brother, Lord Anthony Bridgerton (or Viscount), and his quest for a wife. However, within that plot the main focus is on the interactions between the Sharma half-sisters, Edwina and Kate.

My feelings at this time are that Season 1 was the better of the two seasons, but I only finished Season 2 a few days ago, so I reserve the right to adjust my feelings about Season 2 relative to Season 1.

I haven't read anything as to what the focus will be in Season 3.

BriarwoodBash

Oct 12, 2021
A much different vibe. Season 1's main focus was on the evolving relationship between Daphne Bridgerton and the Duke of Hastings, and their eventual marriage. However, it also served to establish the ensemble, and the personalities and interests of the various characters. Season 2 included occasional appearances by Daphne, the Duchess of Hastings, but its main focus was on the Duchess's older brother, Lord Anthony Bridgerton (or Viscount), and his quest for a wife. However, within that plot the main focus is on the interactions between the Sharma half-sisters, Edwina and Kate.

My feelings at this time are that Season 1 was the better of the two seasons, but I only finished Season 2 a few days ago, so I reserve the right to adjust my feelings about Season 2 relative to Season 1.

I haven't read anything as to what the focus will be in Season 3.
Great recap , Tom. Nothing wrong with focusing on Sharma! 😉

Reactions: Tom McAndrew