OT: UNC women's soccer head coach with a funny/honest take on Stanford/Cal

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
"I want Cal and Stanford to die on the vine. I look forward to Stanford, being so difficult for them to recruit the elite soccer player. We would be in a position to get those kids."

Funny to hear such a blunt take: I hope those programs go down in flames because it's better for us.

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Interesting. Now replace "UNC Soccer Coach" with "USC Football Coach" and "Cal and Stanford" with "Clemson and FSU"...bingo!

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
The fact that he thinks anyone care about his sport his funny enough.

This is true, which I think goes to @DaboSits2PeePee point above. A football coach could never be so blunt. It would be blown up into a massive story if Mack Brown said the same thing. But I believe his thoughts probably are representative of what pretty much all non-revenue coaches think.

Beehaver

Garnet Trust Supporter
Jul 8, 2023
"I want Cal and Stanford to die on the vine. I look forward to Stanford, being so difficult for them to recruit the elite soccer player. We would be in a position to get those kids."

Funny to hear such a blunt take: I hope those programs go down in flames because it's better for us.

VERY refreshing to hear an honest opinion from a coach. You don't normally hear a comment like this from a coach in public"I want Stanford and Cal to die on the vine "

Reactions: Stardust710