OT VoIP

PBRME

All-American
Feb 12, 2004
11,378
5,420
113
Anyone have experience with this? Any service you’d recommend? The only name I see I recognize is Vonage. They’re getting terrible ratings on the site I’m looking at.

I need a main line and a fax line. I’ve considered efax but it seems to be much more expensive.

Voiply is the one I’m considering going with.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,464
27,304
113
Anyone have experience with this? Any service you’d recommend? The only name I see I recognize is Vonage. They’re getting terrible ratings on the site I’m looking at.

I need a main line and a fax line. I’ve considered efax but it seems to be much more expensive.

Voiply is the one I’m considering going with.

My company uses RingCentral. Don't use RingCentral.
 

WrapItDog

Senior
Aug 23, 2012
4,335
791
113
I have used Ooma for my home office for 5+ years. No problems. Cost is about $5 a month but you have to buy the Ooma hardware box. I bought a renewed/refubrished box from Amazon for $50. You can also port an existing number.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,679
12,381
113
I'll 2nd Ooma IF you have a good internet connection. We rent same beach house in Gulf Shores every year and theirs is horrible (as is their slow *** internet connection) but any others I've had access to worked fine. My wife's office uses it for all remote working employees and they've had no issues.
 

PBRME

All-American
Feb 12, 2004
11,378
5,420
113
Thanks for the replies. I have cspire fiber so internet isn’t a problem. Remodeling my parents old home and pulled all the phone lines out because I assumed cspire would work like AT&T at my current house. Nope. They have to run phone lines. Tech recommended VoIP so that’s what I’m looking at for my home office.
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,875
6,684
113
Our home phone is thru Ooma. Its under $4 each month. We also use it basically never, so the cost is still worth it.
We got it a handful of years ago since our youngest didnt have a cell phone yet. It works perfectly on our home network- just plug it into the modem.
 

PBRME

All-American
Feb 12, 2004
11,378
5,420
113
Signed up with the Ooma. Thank you all for the input.
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
Doesn’t help with phone line but I use srfax.com for fax.
My plan is abt $4/month but that’s only like 15 pages which I never use.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 16 Mississippi State hosts Alabama with a 2027 flip target, two elite QBs and other top prospects visiting
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting How strong is CB Julian McDonald’s Mississippi State commitment with LSU still pushing?
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State QB Kamario Taylor named Davey O'Brien National QB of the Week
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense