Our new BB player, Rocket Watts

Willowdawg

Redshirt
Dec 25, 2020
199
0
0
His toughness and agility stand out the most to me. We got two transfers from blue bloods which will bring toughness and leadership. And like Howland said, him and Brooks are gonna help us spread the floor more. Also, I just saw today that Ado is transferring to Cincinnati. I've been busy with life and work, so I'm sure you guys knew that, but if we don't make the tourney next year then Howland needs to go. This could be a 4 to 7 seed team if we stay healthy. D. Smith and DJ can kiss my *** too. DJ will be in the G league or Europe and Stewart, I forgot where he was transferring to is hopefully gonna play us and we are gonna whoop that ***!
 

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
17 this post. Stewart is from a town of less than 500 people and went to a HS with less than 500 people. I hope he gets drafted first round, gets a guaranteed $10 mill and changes his and his families life for the better forever. When we start churning out success stories like his over and over is when we can take the program to the next level. Till then we'll be stuck in this current state.
 

preacher_dawg

All-Conference
Nov 12, 2014
2,749
2,184
113
17 this post. Stewart is from a town of less than 500 people and went to a HS with less than 500 people. I hope he gets drafted first round, gets a guaranteed $10 mill and changes his and his families life for the better forever. When we start churning out success stories like his over and over is when we can take the program to the next level. Till then we'll be stuck in this current state.

I hope he gets paid as well, but sadly, I can see where he will be like so many players who don't get paid and spends the rest of his career overseas.
 

PineGroveBully

Redshirt
Nov 13, 2007
8,508
2
0
If someone in your profession of choice would have paid you after 3 years of school would you have said, “naw bro, I’m good.” And yea to all of us we’d have given our 3rd nut to have lived the life of a state basketball player for as long as possible. Yea I think he should have came back, but I get it. We all grew up playing ball pretending to be MJ, Bird, or Jabbar. These guys grew up wanting to be Lebron or Steph, and now they get to be one step closer.

And I’m not picking on you, we’ve all found ourselves cursing a player BC they didn’t do what we would do.
 
Nov 16, 2005
29,230
24,268
113
There’s quite a few that play overseas. Vanardo, Tyson Carter, Dee Bost, Aric Holman,...it’s a long list.
 
Dec 3, 2008
4,034
379
83
One of my favorites, Winsome Frazier, had a really long career overseas.

Edit: He’s still playing. Averaging 18 points a game in Argentina.
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
I mean if he is making $200 plus (likely more maybe) overseas that’s a hell of a living.

Sadly less money and overseas is probably the best for people like Stewart (in many cases). He’s away from the hood and people trying to mooch.

Hopefully he saves and makes good financial decisions and gets out of the hole Americana have forced people like him into.
 

Miketice

Redshirt
Sep 2, 2013
1,198
0
0
You get paid overseas too.
500-800 average. The team pays your taxes also. They usually come home with a fine *** wife too. The hating nerds on this board . Even our own players get hate. Most of you haters probably at church this morning
 
Nov 16, 2005
29,230
24,268
113
Charles Rhodes is still playing in Greece. Lamar Peters plays in Turkey. Jamont Gordon played in Europe until last year. Timmy Bowers and several others played in Israel.
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,864
6,681
113
I hope he gets paid as well, but sadly, I can see where he will be like so many players who don't get paid and spends the rest of his career overseas.

As has already been mentioned a lot- you get payed to play in other countries.

There are some leagues and teams that are better than others due to stability, success, etc, but you get payed if you are in France, Spain, China, Germany, Australia, Lithuania , etcetcetc.

If you mean 'don't get paid' in that he doesn't make the NBA, well maybe he isn't good enough. Perhaps he stays stateside, signs a 2way, and plays in the gleague like Q did. Or maybe he signs an exhibit 10 contract with an nba team like Holman did.


Travis Daniels is playing pro ball right now and had played in Greece for multiple teams, Romania, and currently Canada. Travis Daniels.


A lot of people graduate from MSU and make $35k while having to pay back loans. Meanwhile, Stewart had his education payed for and is likely to earn more than that.
Good for him.
 

Miketice

Redshirt
Sep 2, 2013
1,198
0
0
Ha yea what fantasy do you live in - if they’re not smart enough to finish when it’s free they
Are damn sure not going to pay to finish[/QUOT

I disagree . Happens all the time.My son trains with Kelly McCarty. Played in nba and Europe for 15 years. Went back and got his degree when he retired. No fantasy . Google that **** jackhammer
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,864
6,681
113
Ha yea what fantasy do you live in - if they’re not smart enough to finish when it’s free they
Are damn sure not going to pay to finish

It happens on a yearly basis all across the country. Players keep taking classes and graduate or take classes after they retire and graduate.
Yes, a lot also just don't finish.

It's kinda like actual life- some people drop out and don't return. Others drop out and return.
Crazy, huh?
 

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
I don't really care to look it up but I'm pretty sure MLB teams pay for your school when you go back if they draft you early so maybe the NBA does the same.

 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window
  5. 05 Maroon and White Fluff Bothwell finds a way in impact performance for Mississippi State