Parity

Maccmaine12

Joined Oct 19, 2020
Jan 31, 2022
The SEC is wide open this season. All teams have question marks that can lead to a wide open conference.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
It boils down to who has the least and who has the most.

I would put us on the upper end. Question marks include, but are not limited to: RB (huge question mark), QB, OL, OC. Basically our entire offense is a question mark.

Reactions: Maccmaine12

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
If we're talking just the East, there's one team with enough talent to put it on a different level than the rest.

If we're talking 2nd place through last place, I would agree that it's wide open.

Maccmaine12

Joined Oct 19, 2020
Jan 31, 2022

I would put us on the upper end. Question marks include, but are not limited to: RB (huge question mark), QB, OL, OC. Basically our entire offense is a question mark.

I’m not sure I’ll say our Qb/OC is a question mark.
If we're talking just the East, there's one team with enough talent to put it on a different level than the rest.

If we're talking 2nd place through last place, I would agree that it's wide open.
I don’t believe that UGA will win every single year despite their talent level.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I’m not sure I’ll say our Qb/OC is a question mark.

How could they not be? Rattler was not a good QB through 9 games last year and had more INTs than TDs. I'm not saying I don't think he will play with this year, but his overall body of work in the last 2 seasons isn't great.

To our OC, he's never been an OC in college and his record as OC in the NFL is spotty, at best.

Again, not saying either one won't be good this year, but there's nothing we can look at for either one and say "I know he'll have a good year because _________."

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
How could they not be? Rattler was not a good QB through 9 games last year and had more INTs than TDs. I'm not saying I don't think he will play with this year, but his overall body of work in the last 2 seasons isn't great.

To our OC, he's never been an OC in college and his record as OC in the NFL is spotty, at best.

Again, not saying either one won't be good this year, but there's nothing we can look at for either one and say "I know he'll have a good year because _________."

"Spotty" is putting it rather mildly.

Maccmaine12

Joined Oct 19, 2020
Jan 31, 2022

I agree that this is a prove it year for Spencer but it’s hard to be a good QB with a bad OC. We saw Spencer win his conference and be an elite QB in college. We also saw him win 2 of our biggest games when the OC lost his job. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Rattler as a top 3 SEC QB. Any OC will look bad in the NFL if you don’t have the talent. Coach Loggains coached for some of the worst teams in the league

Reactions: Rogue Cock

Maccmaine12

Joined Oct 19, 2020
Jan 31, 2022

I think you do make good points but also look at what UGA/Tenn have to overcome as well. We saw UGA struggled against a bad Mizz team and Kent St. Bobo isn’t as good as Todd. If you paid attention to UGA the last two season you’ll see that they struggled running the ball against teams too.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I think you do make good points but also look at what UGA/Tenn have to overcome as well. We saw UGA struggled against a bad Mizz team and Kent St. Bobo isn’t as good as Todd. If you paid attention to UGA the last two season you’ll see that they struggled running the ball against teams too.

Yep, everyone has question marks, for sure. Just comes down to who has the most. Always impossible to tell how it will shake out.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
Georgia is 29-1 the last two seasons and have had very few regular season games that can be called "struggles". Missouri played out of their minds, had no turnovers to Georgia's 2 and still only managed one td against the Georgia defense. Georgia outgained Missouri running the ball and throwing the ball. Kent State scored a td in the fourth against the backups to the backups to make the score look closer than the game really was.

Bobo is going to be the only real question mark for Georgia. He is a proven critical game loser. He will have talent like he's never had before, it will be interesting to see if he can screw it up.

Maccmaine12

Joined Oct 19, 2020
Jan 31, 2022
Georgia is 29-1 the last two seasons and have had very few regular season games that can be called "struggles". Missouri played out of their minds, had no turnovers to Georgia's 2 and still only managed one td against the Georgia defense. Georgia outgained Missouri running the ball and throwing the ball. Kent State scored a td in the fourth against the backups to the backups to make the score look closer than the game really was.

Bobo is going to be the only real question mark for Georgia. He is a proven critical game loser. He will have talent like he's never had before, it will be interesting to see if he can screw it up.
Bobo had some of the best talent that university ever seen. Todd was the real deal and despite the talent you could clearly see the difference in UGA offense before he arrived there. I think any team can be beat on any given Saturday. Luck help Georgia these last two seasons imo

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Bobo had some of the best talent that university ever seen. Todd was the real deal and despite the talent you could clearly see the difference in UGA offense before he arrived there. I think any team can be beat on any given Saturday. Luck help Georgia these last two seasons imo
This is very true and is why top teams shy away from scheduling teams like App. St.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
This is very true and is why top teams shy away from scheduling teams like App. St.
App State/Michigan was 16 years ago. Hard to believe it has been that long. Ga Southern beat UF in 2013 when Muschamp was coach at UF.