Penn State - Indiana dual thread

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
Barr & Welsh (both Freshmen) had 3 epic battles in HS. Welsh is a PA kid from Waynesburg. Welsh has 2 wins, Josh 1. Josh beat him at Fargo & Welsh won at Flo's Who's #1 and Dapper Dan/Pgh Wrestling classic.
But Welsh is at OSU, a significant millstone he will have to overcome over time.

Like Brooks said today about Barr, "he's been scrapping with Carter and I, Bo and others.....".

"like the sea came pouring in........."

The talent will be there. Portal or no portal, we will be fine.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
TBD. They have the Mirasola twins and Zach Ryder projected at the upper weights, but they will all be true freshman. I think the portal is a legitimate possibility.
Wrestlers tend to want to stick around the best coaching staff in the world on and off the mat. They learn just as much off the mat about life in a positive way. Incredible dynasty.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
We need to recruit an Elite HWT. Should be after the number 1 guy in the weight class. Could spend a year behind Kerk IF he comes back. We definitely need Kerk back one more year $$$$. Gotta make him a great deal.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Barr & Welsh (both Freshmen) had 3 epic battles in HS. Welsh is a PA kid from Waynesburg. Welsh has 2 wins, Josh 1. Josh beat him at Fargo & Welsh won at Flo's Who's #1 and Dapper Dan/Pgh Wrestling classic.
I’ll venture to say that Barr in the PSU room will be just fine. Doesn’t Welsh have a bit of a reputation?

Reactions: SRATH

Tryingtodoitright

Oct 12, 2021

ptomaselli

Oct 6, 2021
I’ll venture to say that Barr in the PSU room will be just fine. Doesn’t Welsh have a bit of a reputation?
For sure. He'll be wrestling Starocci, Brooks, and perhaps Morgan McIntosh & David Taylor. Who does Ohio State have that stacks up?

lionlover

Oct 6, 2021
For sure. He'll be wrestling Starocci, Brooks, and perhaps Morgan McIntosh & David Taylor. Who does Ohio State have that stacks up?
Angry Mighty Mouse GIF by GUNSHIP