Penn State - Nebraska dual thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I'm setting this up in advance, so that everyone has the info. Plus, I'm reffing a tournament on Sunday, so if I don't post it Saturday evening, I likely won't be able to post it.

Please use the thread for all pre-match, in-match, and post-match discussion for the PSU - Nebraska dual.

When:
Feb 18, 4:00 pm EST

Where:
Rec Hall, State College, PA

TV:
BTN

Video Streaming:
Those that are BTN subscribers should be able to stream the coverage via the Fox Sports App

Audio Streaming:
The radio PBP, with Jeff Byers at the mic, will be streamed for free. The pre-match portion of the broadcast will begin at 3:45 pm EST, with the actual dual taking place at 4:00 pm EST. You can access the audio stream at:

PBP:
As I mentioned above, I'm reffing a tournament on Sunday. I've never done this tournament before, so I don't have a good handle on how long it will take, and thus whether I'll be back in time to do PBP. Perhaps I'll make it back in time, but consider me out for PBP. @GregPickel should be able to provide some PBP in my absence, and others are welcome to contribute as well. As always, I remind folks that provide PBP to include scores for each dual, as well as the match score.

Last edited:

BeerLion

Oct 12, 2021
Looking at the match I think Nebraska has the possibility of taking three matches 133, 149 and 184. I think Van Dee has been wrestling pretty tough and Nagao seems to have been inconsistent. I hope I am wrong but I think Van Dee takes it. Lovett, that is going to be a tough nut for Kasak. I really like Kasak, obviously a vary talented wrestler and fun to watch but I think Lovett will be too much for him. I put Truax in the same boat as Nagao. Pinto has also been impressive to watch. Not saying Truax cannot beat him. But I don't think today will be the day. I hope I am wrong on each account, would love to see another shutout. At any rate, that is my 2c on the match today. Can't wait until 4 o'clock.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Looking at the match I think Nebraska has the possibility of taking three matches 133, 149 and 184. I think Van Dee has been wrestling pretty tough and Nagao seems to have been inconsistent. I hope I am wrong but I think Van Dee takes it. Lovett, that is going to be a tough nut for Kasak. I really like Kasak, obviously a vary talented wrestler and fun to watch but I think Lovett will be too much for him. I put Truax in the same boat as Nagao. Pinto has also been impressive to watch. Not saying Truax cannot beat him. But I don't think today will be the day. I hope I am wrong on each account, would love to see another shutout. At any rate, that is my 2c on the match today. Can't wait until 4 o'clock.
Nebraska matches up with us very well

LightningBoltz

Oct 31, 2021
Nobody matches up well. Probably beat an all star team.
I think it’s pretty clear that this is the correct take. Hard to handicap a few things - which Nagao do we get, how tough will Kasak be, is Levi fully separated from Robb, is CStar back in shape, is Bernie better than his two mistakes. But it seems like this won’t sneak up on anyone at PSU.

Reactions: Parks22 and ElDuce

hohmadw1978

Oct 7, 2021
Davis with 1 minute and 1second of riding time going into the third period. Just escaped 1-1 tie.

Davis taken down with NF. Davis down 8-2. Rough third period for Braden.

hohmadw1978

Oct 7, 2021
1:13 riding time for Shunk in the second period. Still 6-2 going into the third period.

hohmadw1978

Oct 7, 2021
Beau with a quick takedown. 3-0

3-0 after one period. Beau takes bottom. Quick escape in the second period.

hohmadw1978

Oct 7, 2021
Beau with a second takedown 7-1. Hardy escapes 7-2. Beau up 7-2 going into the third period.

Latest posts