Penn State - Nebraska dual thread

BriantheLion

Nov 27, 2023
No. As Cael said today SVN has been having trouble with that knee for a couple years now. Perhaps it got worse in practice. I’m just glad he had the ACL fixed and is ahead of schedule for next season now. Geez if we can get Bartlett to stay his final season along with Kerk our team is going to be insane. Most likely the best team Cael and staff ever had. Bartlett and Kerk will wrestle if a couple of our wrestling donors step up like they did for RBY and Carter. Gonna be interesting and fun. Iowa fan’s will be flipping out if we all get our way. lol
I understand his knee had been suboptimal for several years… but if he was going to have it repaired electively, I would think he would have had it done in the offseason…SOMETHING must have happened …to suddenly go from having the makings of a great season…to being out for the season …in the middle of a random early season week…granted it could have been a non-contact injury… from playing dodgeball…or stepping off the edge of a sidewalk across campus…but since we are discussing match stoppage for potential danger… unless we are told otherwise, I would still guess that the ligament tore during the type of position BB and BH were in.