Penn State wrestling needs a new assistant coach; who might some candidates be?: Hot board

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Geez. Praying Cael can get Coleman Scott for many reasons. His attitude fits our program as well. Be a great pick up for us.

Reactions: BriantheLion

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
Not sure any ex Lion has been on the staff so I’d expect that to play out with Scott the top pick to come home and get ready for a HC opening in 3 yrs. I think Conaway is a solid pick, too. Gomez would be interesting.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Not sure any ex Lion has been on the staff so I’d expect that to play out with Scott the top pick to come home and get ready for a HC opening in 3 yrs. I think Conaway is a solid pick, too. Gomez would be interesting.

Tank (Frank Molinaro) was a volunteer assistant at PSU. I believe he was in that position for the 2014-15 season, the 2015-16 season, and the 2016-17 season. (I'm not 100% certain on the years. He may have only been at PSU for 2 years.)

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
I’m sticking and praying for Coleman Scott for many good reasons. He would be our best hire Hands down.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I’m sticking and praying for Coleman Scott for many good reasons. He would be our best hire Hands down.
There’s some unconfirmed ugly rumors out there coming from Stillwater. If true, Scott would not even be considered for a position at PSU. Take it with a grain of salt for now. Just smoke.

Reactions: Spice67

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
There’s some unconfirmed ugly rumors out there coming from Stillwater. If true, Scott would not even be considered for a position at PSU. Take it with a grain of salt for now. Just smoke.
Why would anyone in stillwater even care?

OhioLion

Oct 12, 2021
That he misused RTC funds. It isn’t clear if that was in Stillwater or Chapel Hill. Again, all rumor. I was hoping he would end up in State College. Time will tell if true or not. He seems like a good guy and definitely has a background of successful coaching.
The question a friend who follows collegiate wrestling very closely asked was -
You have a good gig with UNC; get hired as associate HC at your Alma mater; the HC retires and you’re in line to be the next HC losing your “associate HC” title; someone from the outside is hired over you.
Definitely something that makes one wonder why was he not promoted to the HC?
I follow the sport and know enough to enjoy it. I don’t know a lot of details outside of that.

OL

lionlover

Oct 6, 2021
Heap, you just need to know that moves like a bow and arrow or cradle are good while a tombstone pile driver…not so much.
Also, like the good book says, it's better to give than to receive those wrestling moves. 🙏

Reactions: Locopsu