Players report this week.

Piscis

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2001
25,787
3,374
113
Everyone is great in shorts. When they start in pads is when you find out who is actually going to contribute.
 

gamecock stock

All-Conference
Jan 21, 2022
3,693
3,331
113
With basically a new coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball, all I can say is "PLEASE find a running attack". If it's pass, pass, pass all the time, our defense will be worn out. As good a DC as Clayton White is, he won't be able to save the defense from that exhaustion. My brother says that Briles has run a balanced offense in his career. So, I have hope.
 

RUMMENIGGE

Senior
Dec 14, 2016
1,177
804
113
I get concerned during August because you might hear that a certain player is done for the season because of injury, but I understand that is just how this works.

I cannot remember if South Carolina had a spring game this season, but it would be nice to be able to stream one of the scrimmages this August.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 92Pony

Uscg1984

All-Conference
Mar 9, 2006
2,706
3,527
113
I get concerned during August because you might hear that a certain player is done for the season because of injury, but I understand that is just how this works.
Oh, I feel certain that after the first full day of practice, we'll get news that somebody suffered an injury and is out for the season. I just accept that and hope that it's not somebody who was expected to contribute.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 92Pony

usc_nc

Redshirt
Jul 26, 2005
69
49
18
With basically a new coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball, all I can say is "PLEASE find a running attack". If it's pass, pass, pass all the time, our defense will be worn out. As good a DC as Clayton White is, he won't be able to save the defense from that exhaustion. My brother says that Briles has run a balanced offense in his career. So, I have hope.
Please modify your statement

pass, pass, sack, pass, pass, run to avoid the sack, pass,…

jk
 

gamecock stock

All-Conference
Jan 21, 2022
3,693
3,331
113
As a long-time Gamecock fan, I have experienced a lot of disappointing seasons. IF this season is disappointing, they will need to change the school song to the old Hall & Oates song: "She's a maneater". That is what Gamecock football has been to us fans, more often than not.
 

18IsTheMan

Heisman
Oct 1, 2014
20,763
17,650
113
As a long-time Gamecock fan, I have experienced a lot of disappointing seasons. IF this season is disappointing, they will need to change the school song to the old Hall & Oates song: "She's a maneater". That is what Gamecock football has been to us fans, more often than not.
This feels like a typical Gamecock preseason. We could either be pretty good or totally awful.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gamecock stock

gamecock stock

All-Conference
Jan 21, 2022
3,693
3,331
113
This feels like a typical Gamecock preseason. We could either be pretty good or totally awful.
I forget the name of the transfer RB we had 2 years ago. He made a difference. Do we have another one in the stable?

Of course, Sellers made yards with his feet in 2024. But by bowl time that season he was figured out.
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Baseball Recruiting 'Dream come true': RHP Bradley Anderson's fascinating full-circle journey to South Carolina
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football South Carolina secondary moving forward after difficult start to conference play
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football Comparing South Carolina's roster talent to this week's opponent, the Kentucky Wildcats
  4. 04 GamecockCentral This is How Bad South Carolina Football Needs a Win | The Long View
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football South Carolina football extends record sellout streak