Ponder this.......

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
You’ve got to have some semblance of geography in the sports.
This makes sense if the money is split equally between conferences.
It’s ALL ABOUT THE MONEY but if those 7 Conferences were to spilt it all equally then yes this would work I think.

Reactions: retire the banner

patdog

May 28, 2007
This is all just click bait, the SEC/Big 10 aren't giving up any power whatsoever and ND is likely not. The SEC/Big 10 will not be part of the path forward, they WILL BE the path forward.
It’s a fantasy. The super leagues are already here. They’re called the SEC & Big 10. The Big 12 is the 2nd division league. And the ACC is just living in borrowed time until the SEC & Big 10 can plunder the top schools and the rest merge into the Big 12 & AAC.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It’s ALL ABOUT THE MONEY but if those 7 Conferences were to spilt it all equally then yes this would work I think.
Oh it would work. No doubt. But it’ll never happen. Because of history & greed.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I think that would be outstanding. I would restore the regional appeal that was always the essence of college sports. It will never happen because of greed.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
That's exactly why it won't happen. You're asking the Big10 and SEC to give up a lot of money per school and to make it more equitable. Even schools like MSU would fight it because we'd get less money but still be stuck with a brutal conference with schools that wouldn't be hurt as badly by the reduction in conference revenue.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008

What's more likely to happen is the Big 10 and SEC gooble up more schools (incl. UNC/FSU/Miami/UVa) to move to 40-48 teams total. They would then have four 10-12 team divisions and play themselves ala the AFC/NFC. The divisions could be a little more geographically based and the two conferences could form a super league.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I honestly don't hate this. For scheduling, you could do something like:
9 Division Rivals (of course, we're in the toughest division in college football, but what the hell else is new?)
1 3 Cross Division teams
2 Under League Division or Relegated Teams

Wondering if the Under League would be playing each other or if they would get spread out as non-divisional teams.

ETA: I just saw it calls for a 14 game regular season with the capacity for up to a 24 team playoff. That would be an 18 game season for a 1-8 seed that advances to the championship game and a 19 game season for a 9-24 seed team that advances to the championship. I love college football, but that's an NFL season.

Last edited:

SwampDawg

Feb 24, 2008
I propose a modification. Let's rotate teams to different conferences every year. Just so nobody gets bored.***

Prince of Darkness

Oct 31, 2022
I actually like. I would like to see relegation like EU Soccer. Teams could float up and down between leagues according to their final record.