Primetime to Colorado is official.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
He is all about bringing attention to the HBCUs man. And if he ain't SWAC, who is ? Who is ?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Strange move IMO. All that ‘help the HBCU’ stuff was apparently garbage.
Deion did help the HBCU’s. He got them exposure they had never gotten before. Did you really think he was going to stay at Jackson State for a long time? A Power 5 job is like 10 levels higher than where he was at. I can’t blame a man for improving himself. Looking forward to seeing if his success translates to a big school.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Won't surprise me to see him win there. He is the type that will be able to recruit several states well....not just rely on Colorado. Won't have to play USC and UCLA soon. Plus it's a beautiful area to live in so I don't blame him.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Preshate what he did for The SWAC, JSU and Mississippi. I'm still not knowledgeable enough on how he was so good with NIL and how he created such a huge crootin' gap tween him and other SWAC Schools. Will he be able to continue to dominate crootin' at CO? Being able to also spend about 10 years in MLB tells me he also has a very smart sports mind to go along with versatile physical ability. He might end up being a damn good coach. Gonna be interesting.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
He brought a lot of attention to HBCU football. Attention that only Coach Prime could have provided.

Kudos to him for taking a chance on JSU and kudos to Colorado for taking a chance on him.
My thoughts as well. His time as JSU went better than anyone could have ever hoped for, he killed it and brought a lot of exposure to Jackson and Jackson state. I can’t fault him for being ambitious and wanting to prove he can coach at the power 5 level.

Feb 25, 2018
Word on the street is barstool is setting up a skistool on the slopes with endless night tubing shenanigans, snowballs in Brandon walkers face, skigambling, mary Jane dispensary and women in booty pants hot list........and contributing to deions ego

Reactions: Maroon13

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Deion did more for Jackson State in 3 seasons than anyone else has or could have in 30. They're way better off today for hiring him. The man did a 2 year tour of duty in an absolute ******** and won big. Jackson State gave him a shot when nobody else would and they were rewarded handsomely for the risk.

You'd honestly have to question the mental health of someone who'd choose to stay in Jackson vs Boulder at this point. Colorado is one of about 20 schools to win a national title in the last 50 years and is about as good a job as a lower level college coach could ever dream of... Moreover, it's literally worst to first in places to live.

Screenshot_20221204-071625.png

patdog

May 28, 2007
Well , it was fun while it lasted. JSU and Jackson were lucky to have him for 3 years. He did a lot of good for the school and the community (there’s only so much 1 man can do on that 2nd one though).

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Out of his choices, Cinnci, USF and Col, I think USF would be his best fit. In Tampa and play in an NFL stadium. He would have killed it there recruiting-wise. Within a few hours, he'd had all the talent he'd need. In Col, he'll have to travel to Southern California and Texas to get talent. I realize there isn't a path to the playoffs at USF, but put together a couple of good seasons and eventually UF, FSU or Miami would come open. He'd already have recruiting ties in Florida in place.

Reactions: onewoof and patdog

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Deion did more for Jackson State in 3 seasons than anyone else has or could have in 30. They're way better off today for hiring him. The man did a 2 year tour of duty in an absolute ******** and won big. Jackson State gave him a shot when nobody else would and they were rewarded handsomely for the risk.

You'd honestly have to question the mental health of someone who'd choose to stay in Jackson vs Boulder at this point. Colorado is one of about 20 schools to win a national title in the last 50 years and is about as good a job as a lower level college coach could ever dream of... Moreover, it's literally worst to first in places to live.

View attachment 273320

I don’t think anyone blames him for taking the job. But it just highlights that all his talking points about elevating the status of the HBCU’s and changing the culture of college football was just self-serving BS and not sincere. And that’s also fine in and of itself, he wouldn’t be the first coach to build a false brand to help with recruiting. But when the topic of that insincerity is the historical racial inequity of the HBCU’s, the south, etc, he’s going to get raked over the coals a bit by some folks when he eventually does the inevitable.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don’t think anyone blames him for taking the job. But it just highlights that all his talking points about elevating the status of the HBCU’s and changing the culture of college football was just self-serving BS and not sincere. And that’s also fine in and of itself, he wouldn’t be the first coach to build a false brand to help with recruiting. But when the topic of that insincerity is the historical racial inequity of the HBCU’s, the south, etc, he’s going to get raked over the coals a bit by some folks when he eventually does the inevitable.
That’s ridiculous. Since when does helping JSU and the whole SWAC for 3 years, doing more for them than anyone has for 30 years, become a bad thing? Can he not help them for 3 years without it being a lifetime prison sentence. Believe me, he didn’t live in the city of Jackson for 3 years as a publicity stunt. You don’t do that if you’re not sincere about helping.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal
Feb 25, 2018
I remember when his high school team played MRA........my son played for Mra...... It was a shitshow, unorganized shitshow.....fast forward a few years and brand name a head coach and put smarter people around you

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Biggest surprise to me about the whole Deion era at JSU is this is their first undefeated season. I would have thought between W.C. Gordon and some of those players they had in the late 60s - early 70s, they’d have a few undefeated seasons.

Reactions: msstatelp1

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
That’s ridiculous. Since when does helping JSU and the whole SWAC for 3 years, doing more for them than anyone has for 30 years, become a bad thing? Can he not help them for 3 years without it being a lifetime prison sentence. Believe me, he didn’t live in the city of Jackson for 3 years as a publicity stunt. You don’t do that if you’re not sincere about helping.

I just think the subject matter at hand - as he framed it - is something where you are either all-in or you aren’t. I’m certain that Deion was invested to a certain extent, but when you’ve always got one eye looking towards the next thing, its not as legit as he was letting on.

I don’t think Deion’s a bad person. He’s just another dude climbing the ladder. Simple as that.

It’s also worth noting what Deion was doing before Jackson State, which was assistant coaching at the high school level. So the fact that he was able to go straight from that to being a HC at the Division 1 level is pretty ridiculous, and JSU went out on a limb gave him that opportunity, and paid him well for it. So acting like he’s Mother Teresa because he’s a celebrity that lived in Jackson for 3 years is silly. He got an unbelievable opportunity, and he absolutely benefitted just as much as JSU did from the arrangement.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2018
My other son won a state championship playing qb........so, yeah once in a blue moon I was dialed in during his high school coaching escapades. And I understand deion wanting more, but what message does that send to the swac and the message he is preaching

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Preshate what he did for The SWAC, JSU and Mississippi. I'm still not knowledgeable enough on how he was so good with NIL and how he created such a huge crootin' gap tween him and other SWAC Schools. Will he be able to continue to dominate crootin' at CO? Being able to also spend about 10 years in MLB tells me he also has a very smart sports mind to go along with versatile physical ability. He might end up being a damn good coach. Gonna be interesting.
He leveraged his celebrity. Kids still know who he is and idolize him even though it’s been almost 20 years since he’s played and over 2 decades since he played any meaningful football. He also utilized his contacts to find people that wanted to predominantly help people of color.

Listening to the video he posted, it’s obvious his mission is to maintain representation in the industry by people of color and he feels he can better relate to and develop young men of color that make up 70% of the athletes playing every Saturday.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal