PSA: Abandon All Hope

Maroon13

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2022
4,194
4,378
113
music video GIF
 

dog99walker

All-Conference
Jul 16, 2021
1,766
2,337
113
When Bear died in 1977, I thought we had this!! The era is over and we will be triumphant in 1978. They had Ray Perkins, a legendary receiver, not the legendary coach. I took my Dad with me, come on and watch this, I told him. Believe!

Alabama won 40-0. Abandon ALL hope….

I just hope we don’t s**t the bed.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,508
27,472
113
When Bear died in 1977, I thought we had this!! The era is over and we will be triumphant in 1978. They had Ray Perkins, a legendary receiver, not the legendary coach. I took my Dad with me, come on and watch this, I told him. Believe!

Alabama won 40-0. Abandon ALL hope….

I just hope we don’t s**t the bed.
Bear Bryant died in 1983. Last game was the 1982 Liberty Bowl. The next year Alabama beat us 35-18 in Tuscaloosa.

But hey, you were really close...
 

MSUDC11-2.0

Heisman
Sep 29, 2022
10,844
17,496
113
They obviously have more talent than us but one thing that I feel like always made these games worse was stylistically Bama was also just a terrible matchup for how we played the last 20 years. We wanted to grind it out and run the ball and had zero explosiveness to our offense under multiple coaches. They could just sit on us every year because there was no fear in us landing haymakers with big plays.

I still think we probably lose, but the hope is maybe a more dynamic offense plus frankly them being less good than they were under Saban makes a big difference.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darryl Steight

Darryl Steight

All-American
Sep 30, 2022
4,726
7,945
113
You boys need to back off and let the man cook, as my 13 year old would say.

You don't go changing strategies in the middle of a hot streak. Same reason if we are ever in a tight game and need a big game-changing play - I leave my seat and take a visit to the Templeton Troughs. Works every time. I hear the roar and cowbells from the stall and just smile. It's my small way of contributing. You're welcome.
 

MSUDOG24

All-Conference
Mar 31, 2021
1,512
1,460
113
Bear Bryant died in 1983. Last game was the 1982 Liberty Bowl. The next year Alabama beat us 35-18 in Tuscaloosa.

But hey, you were really close...
LOL, but not as close on Ray Perkins. Read that whole thing with a puzzled look on my face.
 
Feb 25, 2017
186
272
63
This is going to be the best shot we have had at beating Bama in some time. No Nick Saban, home game, hostile crowd for a young QB that doesn't have much road experience, and #2 QB and #2 RB yardage wise in the SEC.
 
  • Like
Reactions: patdog

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,508
27,472
113
I dunno. I would take Croom against Alabama any day before Mullen and Alabama. If there is one team that Croom could get ready for it was Alabama. He might have only been awake all week for the Bama game to win that one
Easy big fella. Let's not forget that Croom coached against Mike Shula and first-year Saban trying to clean up Mike Shula's mess. Alabama wasn't very good. Hell, Louisiana Monroe beat Alabama during that stretch.
 

RBcoach

Senior
Nov 14, 2023
407
592
93
Easy big fella. Let's not forget that Croom coached against Mike Shula and first-year Saban trying to clean up Mike Shula's mess. Alabama wasn't very good. Hell, Louisiana Monroe beat Alabama during that stretch.
And Mississippi State was world beaters with Croom too.
 

Boosh

Junior
Sep 14, 2017
299
342
63
Rewatch the FSU - Bama 1st half. FSU is not good and can't throw it around and they were dealing. Bama is not as good as their reputation. Don't let the name beat you.
 

JackShephard

Senior
Sep 27, 2011
1,727
879
113
You boys need to back off and let the man cook, as my 13 year old would say.

You don't go changing strategies in the middle of a hot streak. Same reason if we are ever in a tight game and need a big game-changing play - I leave my seat and take a visit to the Templeton Troughs. Works every time. I hear the roar and cowbells from the stall and just smile. It's my small way of contributing. You're welcome.
If it works every time, you've really been screwing us over for a long time.

You need to hydrate better son!
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Zakari Tillman Out vs. Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?