PSU Board Election Time (Instructions)

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
it opens the site, the site denies my info
Are you sure you're not getting an "allow popups" message somewhere? Try a private window in a different browser.

Barry, since two people have reported the issue would you happen to have a phone number of someone who could help?
@PSUFTG2

kgilbert78

Oct 25, 2021
I got the email. I clicked on the link. It took me right to the ballot (no intermediate step). I voted. Done deal. Took about a minute. Or less.

PSUFTG2

Jul 1, 2023
Letter to the Editor in today's Centre Daily Times:

WILL PENN STATE TRUSTEES STEP UP, MAKE HARD DECISIONS?

This is a perilous time for Penn State. We face a $100 million budget deficit, our University Park student yield is the lowest in the Big 10 while our tuition is the highest. Will our board step up and make some hard decisions?
Hardly, 21 of our current 36 trustees with, collectively, 3,705 career voting opportunities, have never recorded a no vote on any issue. Not on tuition increases, new buildings, personnel contracts, not on anything! A quintessential “rubber-stamp!”
An exception is Alumni Trustee Barry Fenchak voting no 37% of the time, always asking for details, benchmarks and alternatives. More Barrys are needed in our upcoming alumni election. Soon, the board will vote to approve a $700 million bond, the largest in our history, to refit Beaver Stadium. Will 2025 witness a new stadium along with campus closures?
Now a new problem has arrived. Our new provost is leaving after 10 months on the job. In my view, looking for a new job only months after appointment is a disservice to our university, especially in this tumultuous time of budget restructuring. Looking forward, however, I am hopeful that our rank-and-file faculty and staff can step up and join with our President to overcome this leadership void.
And would not our whole university community and alumni embrace a return to an earlier time when Penn State was a cherished destination for aspiring leaders and a $500,000 annual retention bonus for a football coach was unthinkable?

Al Soyster, Boalsburg

https://www.centredaily.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/article287623435.html

SoCalLion

Jun 23, 2022
I'm curious ..... now that PS4RS is dead, who the Paterno Loyalists look to in order to know who to vote for?

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
Well, I voted on the 10th when Barry posted the link to vote in the thread. Today, April 18th I received a Alumni Ballot in my email. So, Should I vote again?

MacNit

Oct 12, 2021
Don't skip out. Vote for the three that aren't named Short and Wagman. The board has been trying to do away with Alumni representation and a lack of voters gives them more ammo to pull that off. Besides, Short is a racist and Wagman is a punk.
Disagree with him all you want (I do). But Brandon Short is a racist? What did I miss?

Anon1648262989

Mar 25, 2022
As some may know, today begins the PSU BOT election process - ballots can be submitted beginning today (and until May 2)

To vote? You can go to this link:
YesElections: Online Ballot

When you do, you should find this page:

View attachment 555175

(Yes, it does say this is for the "nomination" process.... but after you enter your info it should take you to the actual voting ballot. We need better proofreaders at PSU :) )

After entering your info, you should be directed to the ballot, which looks like this:

View attachment 555176

Make your picks (1, 2, or 3 candidates) and submit. You should then get a confirmation.
Oh boy the Circus has come to town again. And nothing ever changes it's just the same old circus all over again.

PSUFTG2

Jul 1, 2023
Five days left to vote - for those who have not done so.

This posted on Alvin deLevie's Facebook page:

We have been honored to have our Penn State friends, family, and colleagues stand behind us as we run for the Board of Trustees. We are grateful for their words of trust and for all they have done behind the scenes encouraging others to vote.
Join these Penn State leaders in voting #3 Matt McGloin and #4 Alvin de Levie for Trustees. Your vote matters!
Vote here: https://vote.yeselections.com/psunom/
To learn more about our vision for Penn State and see what our endorsers have to say, visit: https://teammcgloin-delevieforpsu.com
#PennState #PennStateAlumni #WeAre

1714135343181.png

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
The Trevor Project is a worthwhile charity and Nassib has donated $100k to it. During his second appearance on the draft stage he reiterated his gospel to the draftees to save their money.

I recommend voting for him as a means of ousting Short and Wagman. He can't be any worse.

All good. “Derp” was for Short shilling for votes while saying nothing.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
All good. “Derp” was for Short shilling for votes while saying nothing.
Not a problem. When it comes to Short, "derp" has broader application. In any case, thought that replying to your post was a good opportunity to put in a plug for Nassib. Hope I do not come to regret it.

Reactions: BobPSU92

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
The Trevor Project is a worthwhile charity and Nassib has donated $100k to it. During his second appearance on the draft stage he reiterated his gospel to the draftees to save their money.

I recommend voting for him as a means of ousting Short and Wagman. He can't be any worse.
Thanks, Reaper, for the assurance.
Already taken care of prior to reading your post....
Thomas

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Yeah, I don’t follow Short enough to be able to comment on anything like that, but I do hope most alumni have finally learned to look deeper than ‘Hey, X is a former Penn State athlete (football, soccer, whatever) so they get my vote’.

Crap. I voted for two former players. Probably says a lot that most of our Alumni elected trustee candidates are former football players or athletes and not those accomplished in business, academia, government, etc.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Five days left to vote - for those who have not done so.

This posted on Alvin deLevie's Facebook page:

We have been honored to have our Penn State friends, family, and colleagues stand behind us as we run for the Board of Trustees. We are grateful for their words of trust and for all they have done behind the scenes encouraging others to vote.
Join these Penn State leaders in voting #3 Matt McGloin and #4 Alvin de Levie for Trustees. Your vote matters!
Vote here: https://vote.yeselections.com/psunom/
To learn more about our vision for Penn State and see what our endorsers have to say, visit: https://teammcgloin-delevieforpsu.com
#PennState #PennStateAlumni #WeAre

View attachment 565147

Jim Beam!?!

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Jim Beam!?!

True Story: James “Jim” Beam, as a student at Penn State College many years ago, began making his famous bourbon in his dorm room. Soon thereafter, his eponymous bourbon became a local favorite drink, on and off campus. Recognizing this great accomplishment and his success in business, Penn State later renamed his dorm Beam Hall.

• Haha
Reactions: Midnighter

Latest posts