PSU Football: Do you demand excellence or are you satisfied with mediocrity?

PSU Football: Do you demand excellence or are you satisfied with mediocrity?

• Excellence

• Mediocrity

Results are only viewable after voting.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Let’s settle this once and for all.

I’m fine with mediocrity for PSU Football. Excellence is hard and intimidating. I can associate with mediocrity. That’s who I am (on a good day). They also say that it’s lonely at the top. I don’t want to be alone.

What about you?

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
He's relentless. He's consistent. He's predictable. He's Bob.

This felt like a legitimate topic. We have some folks here critical of this year‘s performance by PSU because they DEMAND. EXCELLENCE. o_O . They have been countered by folks satisfied with the results for one reason or another. The demanders feel that they are satisfied with MEDIOCRITY. o_O . So let’s have a poll.

Oct 12, 2021
This felt like a legitimate topic. We have some folks here critical of this year‘s performance by PSU because they DEMAND. EXCELLENCE. o_O . They have been countered by folks satisfied with the results for one reason or another. The demanders feel that they are satisfied with MEDIOCRITY. o_O . So let’s have a poll.
It's true, and I feel good that I've come clean and championed the cause of the mediocre. Mediocrity does not receive the praise it deserves.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
It's true, and I feel good that I've come clean and championed the cause of the mediocre. Mediocrity does not receive the praise it deserves.

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021

I’m fine with mediocrity for PSU Football. Excellence is hard and intimidating. I can associate with mediocrity. That’s who I am (on a good day). They also say that it’s lonely at the top. I don’t want to be alone.

What about you?
If mediocrity is where PSU Football stands today......I'm fine.
Be right back....

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
The posters here who demand excellence should start with their posts on this forum. Until they can sustain excellence here I have no use for them.

Reactions: Bison13

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
For those who "demand excellence" of OTHERS, while you sit around and do nothing ... tell me this, when these other people, who are actually doing things, finally obtain that excellence, and win that Natty ... now what? What does that do for you? Do you walk around proud of yourself because you cheered on someone who performed "excellently," rather than just "really well"? When the team loses, do you feel like a loser who cheers for other losers?

What's in it for you when you demand the excellence of others you had no part in obtaining?

Reactions: WyomingLion

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021

What about you?

I love paying more than the dealer is asking for a new car.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
I’m softening my excellence stance based on the way STATE snuck into the top ten by ”beating Rutgers”.
What I’d LIKE is split every year with M or O and win a big ten title every 4 years. What I’m cool with is taking care of business vs the bums and going to a fun bowl and with a top 10 AP
I m also very excited to see reg season games in LA with son 1

Last edited:

Meat Lab

Oct 25, 2021

What about you?
So which would you choose?

Excellence?

or Mediocre?

Last edited:

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
My standard for PSU Football is a Top 10 finish, regular CFP appearances (12 teams) and a B1G Title every 3 to 4 years. This to me would be consistent with what JoePa created and that standard should be maintained.
I would agree with this if the conditions were what they used to be- now that players are being paid, you have to factor that in. I don't think PSU is going to be a top ten salaried team.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
For those who "demand excellence" of OTHERS, while you sit around and do nothing ... tell me this, when these other people, who are actually doing things, finally obtain that excellence, and win that Natty ... now what? What does that do for you? Do you walk around proud of yourself because you cheered on someone who performed "excellently," rather than just "really well"? When the team loses, do you feel like a loser who cheers for other losers?

What's in it for you when you demand the excellence of others you had no part in obtaining?
STATE is unaware of your (our) being. You’re over thinking your (our) role. Insane take yo

ManxomeLion

Aug 24, 2017
" “And, indeed, I will ask on my own account here, an idle question: which is better – cheap happiness or exalted sufferings? Well, which is better?”..."

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
I would agree with this if the conditions were what they used to be- now that players are being paid, you have to factor that in. I don't think PSU is going to be a top ten salaried team.

Salaries aren't everything. Just look at tAM.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
STATE is unaware of your (our) being. You’re over thinking your (our) role. Insane take yo
Drunken one, that was the point. We have no role here. We watch. So, why are you "demanding excellence" from others? You're just watching. What does it matter to you if OTHERS go undefeated, or if they lose a game or two? Just sit back, and be entertained for 13 weeks. They may lose every once in a while ... no big deal.

flavorguy

Aug 16, 2021
Here’s the question….

How much as a PSU fan would you be willing to contribute to a NIL fund to enable the program to attract and keep talent to bring us from mediocre to excellent?

- $1000
- $ 5000
- $ 10,000
- > $ 25,000

let’s put up or shut up guys.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Here’s the question….

How much as a PSU fan would you be willing to contribute to a NIL fund to enable the program to attract and keep talent to bring us from mediocre to excellent?

- $1000
- $ 5000
- $ 10,000
- > $ 25,000

Guaranteed results or keyboard bench pressing? I paid 350 to educate 1 n 2. I’m good.

Reactions: TiogaLion

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Here’s the question….

- $1000
- $ 5000
- $ 10,000
- > $ 25,000

None. None dollars. None cents.

Latest posts